Institute of Biomaterial Science
Area of research:
Scientific / postdoctoral posts
Postdoc (m/f/d) Polymer Science
code no. 2019/B 16
The place of employment is Teltow (near Berlin, Germany).
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht in Geesthacht, near Hamburg, and in Teltow, near Berlin, conducts materials and coastal research. For further information please refer to: www.hzg.de.
The Institute of Biomaterial Science in Teltow of the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht and Berlin Brandenburg Centre for Regenerative Therapies (BCRT) invite applications for a Postdoc (m/f) in Preparation and Characterization of 2D Materials with a focus on work in areas related physico-chemistry of synthetic and biopolymer based materials. This is initially a 2-years fixed term contract.
Job responsibilities include the following:
- responsibility for developing new strategies in preparation of 2D materials at interfaces and the instrumentation of a Langmuir laboratory
- characterization of 2D materials based on synthetic and natural polymers by different reflection or scattering techniques
- responsibility for the integration of optical or electrical methods on monolayer degradation techniques to describe the biodegradation kinetics of functional polymers
- effectively communication and interaction with scientists and engineers to define the requirements of simulation models
- obtaining necessary input data for simulations and providing meaningful interpretation of degradation mechanisms
- disseminate knowledge through publications in scientific journals and presentations at conferences, symposia, and meetings
- work with management and senior staff to plan and design projects
- supervision of graduate and undergraduate students
- postgraduate degree (Ph.D.) or pursuing in physical chemistry, polymer chemistry or related fields such as materials science or physics
- experiences in thin film processing and analysis methods
- strong background in analytical chemistry or physics
- demonstrated experience in performing 2D material studies and collaboration with theoretical projects in computational material sciences
- ability to work independently and in teams to deliver high-quality results within aggressive timelines
- excellent technical writing, interpersonal, and communication skills, and writing grant applications
Informal enquiries can be directed to Dr. Burkhard Schulz: email@example.com
For details about the institute, please visit the website at biomaterials.hzg.de
- multinational work environment with over 950 colleagues from more than 50 nations
- extensive options of vocational training (i. a. expert seminars, language courses or leadership seminars)
- flexible working hours and various models to ensure the compatibility of family and career
- excellent infrastructure, including a scientific in-house library as well as modern work spaces
- remuneration according to the standards of the collective wage agreement TV-AVH including further social benefits
The promotion of equal rights is a matter of course for us. Severely disabled persons and those equaling severely disabled persons who are equally suitable for the position will be considered preferentially within the framework of legal requirements.
Please send your application indicating job offer code no. 2019/B 16 including your CV, description of your scientific expertise, publication list, copies of credentials (B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.) including grades, and names and addresses of three academic referees to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attachments of your application preferentially should consist of one PDF file not exceeding 10 MB.
Closing date for applications is May 22nd, 2019.