AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. The company’s mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately 30,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
For our location in Ludwigshafen, Germany we are looking for a
Postdoc (m/f/d) Analytical Innovation & Mass Spectrometry
For the NBE Analytical R&D Department in Development Sciences at AbbVie’s Ludwigshafen site, in Germany, we are seeking an enthusiastic postdoctoral researcher to conduct world-class in depth characterization of biotherapeutical proteins. This is an excellent opportunity for an early career scientist with LC/MS background interested to apply his/her protein characterization expertise to drug development in a leading biopharmaceutical company.
- Your tasks will be the characterization of monoclonal antibodies, fusion proteins as well as protein modifications, degradation pathways and aggregation by LC/MS and other analytical techniques.
- You will drive scientific initiatives in the group Analytical Innovation & Mass Spectrometry, plan experiments and conduct ‘hands-on’ work in the lab autonomously.
- You independently review and document data, prepare reports and Powerpoint presentations and advocate science in cross-functional teams within AbbVie.
YOUR ABBVIE TALENT
- You hold a PhD degree in chemistry, (structural) biology or related field.
- During your scientific career you have built strong expertise and hands-on experience in the characterization of protein modifications and their relevance for the protein function.
- You like to drive scientific initiatives as well as to advance our established analytical methodologies to a next level.
- Strong expertise in the field of mass spectrometry.
- Additional protein analytical experience (e.g. SEC, IEX, HIC, CE) is beneficial.
- As a highly motivated, self-driven and results-oriented person with excellent communication and presentation skills you are driven by innovative ways of thinking to improve processes, methods, systems, products or services.
- You are well known to be an excellent team player with the ability to build strong networks with peers who has a strong desire for the application of new techniques and innovative solutions.
- As a global acting company we presume excellent communication skills, including written and oral English and basic knowledge of German.
WE OFFER YOU
- A challenging job with high personal responsibility in a committed and competent team. Your mentoring will be accompanied by a mentor who will assist you as coach and contact person.
- We create the ideal environment for focused and passionate work, providing our employees with the utmost flexibility to tailor their daily work to their individual needs, including flexible work models, multiple benefits, and comprehensive health and sports programs.
- Attractive compensation and company benefits, including our excellent occupational health management system, which is one of the best in Germany as well as a wide range of career paths and opportunities for further development.
This position is for the fixed-term of 24 months.
We are looking forward to your online application. Please provide information about your salary expectations and possible start date in your motivation letter.
An equal opportunity employer. AbbVie welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.