The Department of Visceral, Thoracic and Vascular (VTG) Surgery at the University Hospital Dresden is one of the leading surgical departments for cancer treatment in Europe. It is embedded into the framework of the National Center for Tumor Diseases (NCT/UCC Dresden) which provides an excellent network for translational oncological research and the possibility to share state of the art methods and platforms.
Starting at 1st March 2020 we are looking for a
Postdoc in Tumor Immunology (f/m/x)
(motivated PhD with interest to work in the field of tumor immunology)
This full-time Position is limited for 36 months.
The Seifert Lab, implemented within the Surgical Research Lab of the VTG, offers a Postdoc position. We invite highly motivated PhDs, with interest to work in the field of tumor immunology in pancreatic cancer, to apply for this position.
The Seifert Lab is interested in numerous aspects of the biology and immunologic interactions in the tumor microenvironment that influence epithelial mutagenesis in murine and human pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma and gastric cancer.
We analyze the role of different immune cell subsets in tumor initiation and tumor growth in the mouse and human system. We are using state of the art technologies such as genetically modified mouse models and human tissue. Further background can be found on the lab Homepage.
- doctoral degree or equivalent in biology, biomedicine or related sciences
- strong background in immunology
- previous experience with basic biochemical and immunological techniques is essential
- high motivation and strong interest in tumor immunology
- excellent English language skills
- interest in trasnlational science
- within our group you have the possibility to further expand your skills in tumor immunology
- a Position according to the TV-L Conditions (E13; 100 %)
- we are looking for a highly motivated Postdoc candidate with a strong passion for science and interest to work in an ambitious, multidisciplinary research Group
Disabled people are explicitly encouraged to apply.
We kindly ask you to apply preferably via our online form to make the selection process faster and more effective. Of course, we also consider your written application without any disadvantages.
Applicants are encouraged to send their CV as well as names and phone number of two Referees, until January 31st, 2020, online with Registration number VTG0919967. For further Information please contact: Lena Seifert by E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org