The Center for RNA Medicine (CRM) is seeking a highly motivated and qualiafied candidate with a solid interest in microRNA (miRNA) biology and RNA therapeutics. The successful candidate will be working on miRNA biology to elucidate RNA-regulatory networks in human disease. The candidate is expected to study the biological functions of candidate miRNAs in NASH and obesity in cell culture and mouse models in close collaboration with bioinformaticians and molecular and cell biologists at CRM. Appointment as Postdoc presupposes scientific qualifications at PhD–level or similar scientific qualifications. The research potential of each applicant will be emphasized in the overall assessment. Appointment as a Postdoc cannot exceed a period of four years in total at Aalborg University.
The successful candidate for the postdoc position should possess the following qualifications:
- A PhD degree in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, RNA Biology or a similar area.
- Strong background in cell and molecular biology, and in miRNA research.
- Skilled within mammalian cell culture, RNA technologies, and previous experience in working with mouse models.
- Prior experience working with omics and RNA-seq data analysis is an advantage.
- Solid publication track-record history of RNA journals as first or lead author.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative research environment.
- Solid English skills.