The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation
Postdoc in RNA Biology (m/f/d)
The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH (IMB) is a Centre of Excellence for Life Sciences, funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation, and located within the campus of the Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany.
Applications are invited for a postdoc position in the laboratory of Dr. Julian König (www.imb-mainz.de/koenig; https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=jToHH5oAAAAJ&hl=en). The successful applicant will contribute to internationally competitive research in the field of RNA biology with a particular focus on the regulation of translation in human biology and disease. Our group employs genome-wide techniques such as RNA-seq and iCLIP to obtain genomic views of protein-RNA interactions and posttranscriptional processes in vivo and in vitro. An important pillar of our work is the development and application of new technologies that enable us to discover new regulatory mechanisms from a genomic perspective.
- Study the mechanisms of posttranscriptional gene regulation in human
- Generate and interpret genome-wide datasets for solving complex biological questions
- Work in close cooperation with computational researchers
- Have access to all IMB core facilities including genomics and bioinformatics support
- Collaborate with internal and external partners
- PhD in Biology or related areas
- Experience in high-throughput genomics technologies such as RNA-seq , CLIP or ChIP-seq is beneficial
- Experience with cell culture models
- General molecular biology skills
- Background in RNA biology
- A stimulating, diverse and international research environment
- Working as part of a nice and motivated team
- Advanced training opportunities
To apply please send a single PDF file containing your cover letter stating research and career interests, CV, scans of your degrees (Germans: including copies of Abitur- & Diplom/Master Zeugnis), and contact details of 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org Informal enquires should be addressed to Dr. Julian König (email@example.com).
Starting Date: As soon as possible Duration: 2 years (extension possible) Closing Date: 15th June 2019
Declaration of Consent and Data Protection
By sending us your application, you are consenting to us saving your personal data in order to carry out the selection process. You can find more information on data protection and retention periods at www.imb.de/jobs/Data Protection.