TWINCORE – Centre for Experimental and Clinical Infection Research is looking for the Institute of Experimental Virology (Prof. Dr. Thomas Pietschmann) starting on 1 July 2020, limited for 3 years.
- Deep sequencing of virus populations from human blood samples.
- Perform standard procedures in molecular biology and cloning techniques, including CDNA library generation.
- Cell culture work including FACS sorting of cell populations.
- Conducting experiments on virus infection and virus neutralization.
- Vaccine studies in mouse models and in humanized mice.
- Analysis of humoral and cellular immunity required.
- Degree in Life Science, Human- or Veterinary Medicine.
- Promotion in the field of Virology, Immunology or Vaccinology.
- Experiences with and willingness to carry out animal experiments as well as FELASA B certificate (Function A, C, D) according to RL 2010/63/EU: or similar.
- Knowledge in B-cell biology, B-cell repertoire analysis and NGS-procedures are of advantage.
- Expertise in the area of RNA viruses is desirable.
What we offer
Challenging and multidisciplinary tasks in a cooperative and diverse team.
A limited full-time position of 3 years (38.5 hours per week) with the possibility of extension. Payment according to TV-Land (Federal rates of pay for public sector employees).
A collegial training on the job as well as a detailed advanced education training program is available. Furthermore, several possibilities for personal development and a comprehensive health program for employees are available. In addition, support for families and a child care center with emergency support outside opening hours is available.
Beyond that, we can offer the usual social benefits of the Public Service.
The MHH is certified as family-friendly university and stands for the promotion of women in the professional life. Applications of women are particularly welcome. Severely disabled applicants with equal qualifications are given preferential consideration.