Area of research:
Scientific / postdoctoral posts
Reference No. EE 2019/54
The Institute Solar Fuels is looking for
Postdoc (f/m/d) for Electron Ptychography on 2D energy materials
Your work at the HZB will focus on …
- setting up the experimental environment for ptychographic imaging using transmission electron microscopy in combination with direct electron detection.
- installing new data processing hardware, interfacing it to existing detectors at the microscopes.
- integration of (new) reconstruction algorithms and commissioning of experimental workflows.
- conducting investigations using ptychographic imaging on energy materials, e. g. studying doping in 2D materials like graphene.
- all tasks are done in close collaboration with partners from the above mentioned Helmholtz Centres.
We are looking for a scientist (f/m/d) who …
- holds a PhD in physics/chemistry/material science and wants to be engaged in solving urgent questions with respect to energy materials to help in the fight against global warming.
- is experienced in phase retrieval techniques and transmission electron microscopy.
- has experience with 2D materials like graphene.
- brings in profound skills in software programming.
- who likes to work in an interdisciplinary team with partners from all over Germany.
Dr. Markus Wollgarten
+49 30 8062 42828
Closing Date: 26.01.2020