Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what’s possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
Postdoc Fellow – Antibody Engineering
The successful candidate will be mentored by an experienced investigator with a track record of developing novel antibody technologies and therapeutics. This hire will engineer antibodies and other proteins through rational design and molecular evolution technologies to enhance their existing properties or endow them with brand new capabilities. A major interest is to make currently intractable targets druggable – pursuit of the ‘high-hanging fruit’.
Who You Are
• The successful candidate will have a Ph. D. in molecular biology, protein chemistry, structural biology or a related discipline.
• Creative individuals with a passion for science and capable of independent work in a collaborative environment are particularly encouraged to apply.
• Well-qualified individuals will have one or more first author research publications in high quality journals in protein/antibody engineering or a related field.
• Experience in protein/antibody engineering from rational design, through generation of mutants, to the expression, purification and characterization of mutant proteins is desirable.
• Expertise with molecular evolution technologies such as yeast or phage display is a plus.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are needed.
For more information about Paul Carter’s lab at Genentech, please visit:
For more information about our Postdoctoral Program at Genentech, please visit: https://www.gene.com/careers/university-and-early-career/postdocs
A Job with Benefits Beyond the Benefits
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the “Apply online” button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
At Genentech, we share salary ranges with applicants during the recruiting process, if requested. Third party salary estimates may not be accurate or up-to-date.