ViraTherapeutics is a subsidiary of the Boehringer Ingelheim group of companies: a perfect symbiosis of big pharma and a biotech start-up vibe. Located in the beautiful city of Innsbruck (Rum), Austria – a great place to live and to work – our dedicated Research & Development team develops innovative viral-based immune-oncology treatment options.
We are looking for highly motivated and creative
PostDoc Bioprocessing of Oncolytic Virus (m/f/d), full-time
to support the Bioprocessing Innovation Team.
- Develop and implement innovative bioprocessing technologies for efficient manufacturing of oncolytic viruses
- Active participation in the design, development, characterization and validation of analytical methods
- You ensure the provision of high quality data, presentations and reports, including external publications peer-reviewed by experts.
- Work in close collaboration with other project teams and external partners; scientific presentation of work in project meetings and scientific conferences
- PhD in Biotechnology, Bioengineering, or equivalent
- Substantial experience in downstream bioprocessing methods using chromatography and tangential-flow filtration
- First experience in manufacturing of virus-based biologics and an understanding of virus particle stability are assets to this position
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to respond to changing priorities and ability to identify problems and hands-on approach to work towards solutions
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills willing to work in a company where personal engagement and empowering combined with accountability is highly supported.
- The position requires excellent English communication skills, both spoken and written. German language skills would be highly appreciated (otherwise willingness to learn German).
- Proficient in MS-Office
- 2 year fixed contract with the possibility to extend. Access to Boehringer Ingelheim’s PostDoc program.
- You will have the unique possibility to drive bioprocess development of oncolytic virus therapies at the interface of science and translation being part of an engaged team.
- Work within the concentrated, science driven atmosphere of a small biotech company whilst at the same time benefit from being part of the global group of Boehringer Ingelheim, one of the pharmaceutical industry’s top 20 companies worldwide
- We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 50.000 gross per year/full-time).
Dr. Knut Elbers
We look forward to receiving your application by email: email@example.com.