Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Post Doc Automated Reaction Optimization (m/f/d)
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Develop and continuously improve a platform for the optimization of chemical reactions based on autonomous feedback loops
- Devise, execute and analyse reactions in the field of organic chemistry using a robotic platform
- Explore the technological gaps and limits of current hardware and software aimed at improving the process of reaction optimization
- Collaborate and interact with an international, interdisciplinary and cross-divisional team comprising synthetic chemists, analytical chemists, chemical engineers, robotics experts, chem- and bioinformaticians, computer scientists as well as industrial software architects
- Design, compose and deliver presentations and publications to academic as well as industrial partners
- Spend up to one year at the Massachusetts institute of Technology (Boston) to learn about the newest approaches towards the efficient production of small molecules
Who you are
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Computational Chemistry, Organic Chemsitry, Bioorganic Chemistry, Biotechnology or related disciplines
- Practical experience in an organic chemistry laboratory
- Understanding of concepts in design of experiments and applied statistics as well as machine learning algorithms
- Experience in technical computing (e.g. Matlab), systems control software (e.g. Labview) and knowledge of at least one scripting language
- Ability to drive progress independently as well as in a team setting
- Motivated and curious, combined with the capacity to sustain momentum and intensity
- Being open-minded and challenging the status quo as well as strong communication skills
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken; German knowledge is advantageous
- Flexibility to travel overseas and to different locations worldwide
This is a fixed-term contract for 2 years.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.