- Help the 4.2 million Australians affected by cardiovascular disease
- World class research institute
- Inner city location, close to public transport
The Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute is dedicated to finding cures for cardiovascular disease through world class medical research. Established in 1994, it is the legacy of legendary heart transplant surgeon Victor Chang. Renowned for the quality of its breakthroughs, the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute is working to discover better ways to diagnose, treat and ultimately prevent the onset of heart disease.
We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic Postdoctoral Scientist to join the Developmental and Stem Cell Biology Division at the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute to study the cellular and molecular mechanisms underpinning mammalian heart development and congenital heart disease pathophysiology.
The project aims to extend our recent discoveries using human IPSCs to model hypoplastic left heart, one of the most severe congenital heart abnormalities.
You will be driving a project that will:
- Develop 3D IPSC-derived cardiomyocyte organoids,
- Characterise patient and parent organoids using multiple OMICS, robotics and sophisticated imaging and electrophysiology equipment, and
- Test candidate disease gene variants using CRISPR/Cas9 technology.
You will support a dynamic team of scientists studying heart development and adult heart regeneration.
Are you an accomplished scientist with a talent for hands-on experimental work and complex data analysis? Are you looking to advance your career in academic research but prefer the lab bench to the office desk? Do you have a passion for science and want to work on the most exciting and cutting-edge cardiovascular research in Australia?
We would like to meet you if you have:
- A PhD
- Demonstrated capacity in cellular and molecular mechanistic science.
- Experience in developmental biology, imaging and, in particular, human IPSC culture, will be advantageous.
What we offer:
- Salary packaging
- Bonus superannuation
- State of the art facilities
- Stimulating work setting focussed on cutting edge medical research
- Collaborative team environment
We strive to ensure our staff and students enjoy a great working environment. We value and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces diversity and gender equity and promotes flexible working arrangements for staff to balance working requirements and personal needs.
Come and work with us & help make a difference.
How to Apply:
- For further information about the role, please visit our website – www.victorchang.edu.au
- If you would like to apply for this role, please send your cover letter, resume and contact
- details for three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 30 June 2019