We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to join the laboratory of Dr. Haiying Cheng and Dr. Balazs Halmos at Albert Einstein College of Medicine. The research focus of our translational cancer research laboratory is on investigating novel oncogenic pathways, drug resistance mechanisms, immune biomarkers and new treatment strategies in lung cancer. Our team is highly integrated into the Thoracic Oncology Team at Einstein/Montefiore as well as a broad range of other translational and basic science laboratories and core facilities of the NCI-designated Montefiore/Einstein Cancer Center.
Some of our recent publications include N Engl J Med (2018), Lancet Oncology (2018), Clinical Cancer Research (2017, 2018), Journal of Thoracic Oncology (2018), Clinical Lung Cancer (2018), Lung Cancer (2018), Journal of Clinical Oncology (2016), Immunotherapy (2016), Cancer Discovery (2015), Nature Genetics (2012).
This opportunity is ideal for postdocs who are interested in preclinical and translational cancer research and who want to make an impact by being part of a dynamic team of scientists working at the cutting edge of molecular, cellular and immune-oncology therapeutics.
- A strong background in molecular, cell biology and cancer biology is essential.
- Hands-on experience with in vitro assays and in vivo assays commonly used in cancer biology studies preferred.
- Experience with cell transfection and transduction systems and general molecular biology techniques is preferred.
- PhD in cell biology, biochemistry, pharmacology or related area. Recent PhD graduates and candidates with prior postdoctoral experience are both appropriate.
- Excellent past academic performance evidenced with publications strongly preferred.
- Able to design research projects, perform hands on experiments, and maintain detailed documentation.
- Highly motivated, creative, and devoted to project goals.
- Able to collaborate proficiently and communicate effectively with colleagues and management teams.
To apply, please email CV, a summary of prior research experience, and the names and contact information (including phone numbers) of two to three references to the following address:
Haiying Cheng MD, PhD
Albert Einstein Cancer Center
1300 Morris Park Avenue, Chanin building room 407
Bronx, NY 10461
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.