The scholarship is aimed at supporting an independent, self-motivated postdoctoral fellow with a strong interest in cancer modeling and translational research. The person will study the mechanisms of chemotherapy resistance in ovarian cancer and will have the opportunity to learn new skills as the project requires method development. The successful applicant must have a solid background in cancer research, primary cell culture and/or complex cell culture systems and animal models.
The applicant should not have been employed by Lund University within the last two years and has not been awarded a scholarship by Lund University in order to be able to receive a scholarship. PhD degree should not be more than three years old on the last day of applying.
The PhD degree should be in a preclinical subject with proven proficiency in cell/molecular biology techniques. Experience in cancer biology, cellular signaling, mouse models and/or 3D-cell culture is desirable. Applicants should have the ability to design and execute experiments independently and develop new methodologies. Good communication skills and good knowledge of English are required. Knowledge of handling patient materials is not required but advantageous. Research experience in ovarian cancer is a plus.
Placement: Division of Translational Cancer Research, Medicon Village
Ref No: V2019/2154
Duration: 2 years
Starting time: 1st of April 2020
Last day for applying: 26th of January 2020
For further information please contact:
Kazi, Julhash Uddin
Lund University encourages both men and women to apply for the position.
Information regarding post doc scholarships at Lund University
• The scholarship amounts to 25 000 SEK/month and is normally paid three months in advance.
• The scholarship is intended for the recipient’s own education and does not constitute compensation for work carried out for the University.
• The scholarship is a grant and therefore not subjected to tax deduction.
• The scholarship does not entitle the recipient to compensation in case of illness.
• The scholarship does not constitute a pensionable income.
• The scholarship does not entitle the recipient to vacation.
• The scholarship does not include financial compensation for parental leave.• The scholarship does not entitle the recipient to allowance during travels in the line of duty.
• The scholarship awarded is to be reviewed by the head of department every six months and the supervisor is to inform the head of department before each review of any significant circumstances.
• Scholarships set up by Lund University for any individual may not run for a period of more than 24 months.
• The scholarship follows the regulations established by the Vice-Chancellor of Lund University (June 27th 2013; Reg. No PE 2013/356).
Application stating the reference number V 2019/2154 and containing a CV including a list of publications, Cover Letter explaining relevant work experience, contact information for 2-3 Referees, proof of dissertation and a brief career plan (max 1 page) should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last day of application is 2020-01-26