The Institute of Urban Agriculture (IUA) is one of the 36 national institutes within the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS) and an important supporting unit of the National Agricultural Science & Technology Center (NASC). IUA consists of over 100,000 m2 of dedicated experimental and office spaces and invested more than RMB 100 million to provide the best research environment for its researchers to conduct world-class research and pursue advances in urban agricultural sciences.
IUA adopts the most advanced, cutting-edge technologies to meet the national major needs for urban agricultural research. With the purpose of “agricultural science and technology recreating the urban life”, it focuses on six research directions: smart horticultural equipment, plant photobiology, cultivation of functional plants and ornamental plants, utilization of urban organic waste, plants and human health, and theory and planning of urban agriculture. It plans to build up the world’s largest urban agricultural research institute with 2-3 national research and development platforms, 6-8 provincial-level research platforms, and 20-25 innovation teams by 2025.
IUA aims to become a world leader in the field of urban agriculture and an incubator of next-generation technology and innovative start-ups. As a national institute, it has stable funding sources and vast national resources. As a supporting unit of the National Agricultural Science & Technology Center, it takes advantage of flexible policies in technology transfer and offers competitive benefits for promising talents.
IUA is located in the Science City of Tianfu New Area, Chengdu, China, which houses a variety of high-end scientific and technological innovation teams, talents, and enterprises both at home and abroad. The Graduate School of CAAS (Chengdu) is anticipated to officially complete its construction and open its global enrollment in 2021. We warmly welcome all researchers, scientists, technology developers, and innovative entrepreneurs to join us in developing innovative science-based solutions and paving the way for a more sustainable, greener urban future.
1. Horticulture 2. Agricultural engineering 3. Agricultural robot 4. Plant photobiology 5. Utilization of urban organic waste 6. Plant functional genomics 7. Biochemistry and molecular biology 8. Urban agriculture
1. Chief Scientists 2. Senior Scientists 3. Research Assistants (RA)
BENEFITS AND SUPPORT FUNDS
1. Grants: Chief Scientists (1) Chief Scientists can receive research grants of more than RMB 3 million, including 2 million research start-up funds and 1 million equipment funds; (2) Provides over 100 m2 of office and laboratory space; (3) Assists with research grant applications and supports recruitments of doctoral fellows and graduate students;
Senior Scientists (1) Senior Scientists can receive research grants of more than RMB 0.6 million, including research start-up funds and equipment funds; (2) Provides over 60m2 of office and laboratory space; (3) Assists with research grant applications and supports recruitments of graduate students;
2. Benefits: IUA offers a competitive benefit package. Please consult us for details.
3. Living Allowance: The selected talents can receive a subsidy of RMB 2.3-15.0 million, including: (1) “Young Talents Plan” of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences: RMB 1 million for home-based compensation; (2) “Thousand Talents Plan” of Sichuan Province: RMB 0.5-3.0 million; (3) “Tianfu Ten Thousand Talents Plan” of Sichuan Province: RMB 0.1-1.0 million; (4) “Talents Plan” of Chengdu: RMB 0.6-5.0 million; (5) “Tianfu Talents Plan” of Tianfu New Area: RMB 0.1-5.0 million.
For more information, please visit http://iua.caas.cn/
Contact: Li Zhuobei (Ms.) Zhang Jiayu (Ms.) Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +86-18123224029 +86-28-80203191 Address: B1-2, D block of Tianfujingrong, 99 Hupan West Road, Tianfu New Area, Chengdu, People’s Republic of China Zip code: 610000