Do you want to break new ground in helping us develop natural alternatives to toxic pesticides?
If you have hands-on experience from establishing plant-pathogen assays, and you are looking for an opportunity to put your personal mark on groundbreaking products to a global audience, then this is your chance.
Chr. Hansen is the world’s leading developer of natural ingredients for the food, nutritional, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries. Our mission is to improve food and health and in 2019 we were named the #1 sustainable company in the world. In line with this we are now developing biological replacements and supplements to environmentally harmful pesticides – and to take plant health to the next step we need your scientific expertise.
Plant Health Innovation
We are looking for a Plant Health Scientist with experience working with key fungal diseases on crops. You have a hands-on and practical approach to your work and the drive and dedication it takes to see the sky as the limit – in Chr. Hansen we aim to be world class in everything we do.
You will join our Plant Health Innovation team. We are a talented, multicultural group of experts with an open minded and positive attitude. Our working environment is dynamic and energized. We are located at the Copenhagen University Campus in Taastrup and enjoy close collaboration and synergy with university professionals.
Assays and experiments with focus on plant pathogenic fungi
Your overall goal is to help us turn ideas into new tangible products to fight plant pathogenic fungi. You will lead the testing and support of both existing products and those under development for various crops. Your specific focus is to find their strengths and limitations in the suppression of infections caused by plant pathogenic fungi. You will:
• Develop and establish plant pathogen assays in vitro and in vivo to test new and existing lead strains, formulations etc.
• Be responsible for growing and culturing plant pathogenic fungi
• Conduct experiments in our applied plant health laboratory with plant pathogenic fungi on key crops
• Plan, design and follow up on experiments including analysis, statistics and interpretation of data
• Support colleagues in the business with scientific knowledge and build networks for potential partners at universities, CROs and other companies.
You will be based at our new state-of-the-art Plant Application Center in Taastrup, Greater Copenhagen. As part of your networking and support activities you can expect approx. 20 international travel days per year.
3+ years experience from working with key fungal diseases on crops
As you will join a small team, you must be good at moving things forward on your own. At the same time, it is crucial that you like to create results via dialogue, knowledge sharing and constructive collaboration. As part of this you will need good communication skills including an ability to ‘translate’ scientific language, so it makes sense to people without your own expertise – and with due respect to professional and cultural differences. Additionally, your background comprises:
• Education as a plant pathologist or similar holding a PhD degree
• A minimum of three years of hands-on experience from working with key fungal diseases on crops
• Solid experience in cultivating environmental fungi and establishing plant-pathogen assays
• Knowledge within testing of biological control agents is an advantage
• Good English skills, written and spoken (other language skills are beneficial)
If you need more information
If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to contact Antje Reiss, DKANTR@chr-hansen.com telephone +45 21310621 .
Deadline for applications is December 16, 2019.
The application process includes an assessment day expected to be held on January 8, 2020 at Chr. Hansen’s headquarters in Hørsholm, Greater Copenhagen. During the assessment day you will meet potential new colleagues and learn about Chr. Hansen. In addition, you will be asked to solve several tasks in teams with other applicants as well as on your own. You will also complete a personality test and undertake an interview for us to get to know you better. Chr Hansen will reimburse any travel expenses.