The University and University Hospital of Würzburg are well-renowned centers for basic research and clinical trials in cancer immunotherapy and are furthermore home to the Comprehensive Cancer Center Mainfranken funded by the German Cancer Aid.
To further extend the focus in the field of antigen discovery for cancer immunotherapy, we herewith announce a research position. In particular, a mass-spectrometry-based pipeline will be applied to study the immunopeptidome of cancerous tissue. As part of these efforts, we are looking for a highly motivated
PhD-student (m/f/d) for mass spectrometry-based immunopeptidomics.
The project is funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) and is focused on the analysis of melanoma. The PhD position will be associated with the Rudolf-Virchow-Center Würzburg and is supervised by Andreas Schlosser, head of the Mass Spectrometry Unit, and Bastian Schilling, head of the research group for Translational Tumor Immunology and Immunotherapy at the Department for Dermatology. In this interdisciplinary project, we aim at the identification of tumor-specific cryptic HLA peptides as new targets for cancer immunotherapy. Therefore, we will combine whole genome sequencing, RNA-seq and mass spectrometry in a new innovative proteogenomics approach.
- Full-time appointment by the University of Würzburg (TV E13, 65 %, 3 years, PhD student), starting October 1st 2019 or upon agreement
- Intellectual support and supervision
- An opportunity for obtaining a PhD
- Enrollment into the Graduate School for Life Sciences (GSLS) with a structured doctoral research training, offering additional skills training
- Close collaborations with the University, the Mildred-Scheel-Nachwuchszentrum (MSNZ), the University Hospital and the Comprehensive Cancer Center
APPLY IF YOU HAVE
- a M.Sc. or an equivalent qualification in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology or a related field
- strong interest in translational oncology and tumor immunology
Hands-on experience with mass spectrometry or peptide chemistry and experience with genomic/proteomic databases are advantageous.
To apply, please electronically submit a CV, relevant certificates, a list of publications, references and a one-page letter of motivation (in a single PDF-file) via email.
The deadline for the application is August 31th 2019.
The University of Würzburg and the University Hospital Würzburg are equal opportunities employers. Woman are encouraged to apply. Applications of people with special needs are particularly welcome.
Informationen zum Umgang mit Ihren Daten im Bewerbungsverfahren finden Sie unter www.ukw.de/recht/datenschutz