The INSERM LNC UMR1231 (Labex Lipstic, ISITE ANR Excellence programme, Dijon, France) is an interdisciplinary research center dedicated to lipid, nutrition and cancer diseases. Our team is focusing its efforts in understanding the most fundamental aspects of TNF-family ligand’s signal transduction and exploiting this knowledge for cancer therapy. Immunotherapy is an emerging field in oncology. We have developed novel antibodies targeting TRAIL agonist death receptors (DR4 or DR5) with COVALAB and are looking for a highly motivated early stage researcher to help us develop a novel technology based on hyperthermia in order to valorize and improve these antibodies. The project will provide the candidate a unique opportunity to obtain knowledge/expertise on important facets of both academia and industry.
Major Publications related to this PhD project (Bold: Lab PhD students)
1. Dubuisson A, Favreau C, Fourmaux E, Lareure S, Saraiva R, Pellat-Deceunynk C, El Alaoui S, Micheau O Generation and characterization of novel anti-DR4 and anti-DR5 antibodies developed by genetic immunization. In press Cell Death Dis.
2. Rattier T*, Dufour F*, shirley S, Picarda G, Morlé A, Zakaria AB, Marcion G, Causse S, Szegezdi E, Zajonc DM, Seigneuric R, Guichard G, Picaud F, Herlem G, Garrido C, Schneider P, Benedict CA, Micheau O N-glycosylation regulates cell death induced by mouse TRAIL-R and human TRAIL-R1 Cell Death Differ. 2017; 24(3):500-510. .
3. Dufour F, Rattier T, Constentinescu AA, Zischler L, Morlé A, Ben Mabrouk H, Humblin E, Jacquemin G, Szegezdi E, Delacote F, Marrakchi N, Deceunynck-Pellat C, Vacher P, Legembre P, Garrido C, Micheau O TRAIL receptor gene editing unveils TRAIL-R1 as a master player of apoptosis induced by TRAIL and ER stress Oncotarget 2017; 7;8(6):9974-9985.
4. Morle A, Garrido C and Micheau O. Hyperthermia restores apoptosis induced by death receptors through aggregation-induced c-FLIP cytosolic depletion. Cell Death Dis. 2015; 12;6:e1633.
5. Micheau O. and J. Tschopp Induction of TNF receptor I-mediated apoptosis via two sequential signaling complexes. Cell 2003; 114(2):181-190.
Supervisor(s) Micheau, Olivier (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Candidates should hold a Master/Engineer degree in Biological Sciences, Biochemistry or equivalent, but not a doctoral degree. He or she should be highly motivated, fluent in English and have excellent communication skills.
Application deadline:July 10th, 2019
Starting Job:October 1st, 2019
Please send the following documents (all in one PDF file) by e-mail to email@example.com
1) For EU candidates: Copy of your national ID card or of your passport page where your photo is printed.
For non-EU candidates: Copy of your passport page where your photo is printed.
2) Curriculum Vitae (1 page).
3) Letter of motivation relatively to the position (1 page).
4) Copy of your Master degree and/or Engineer degree if already available.
5) Copy of your final marks and ranks.
6) Coordinates of reference persons (maximum 3, at least your master thesis supervisor): Title, Name, organization, e-mail.
If you have questions regarding the application, please contact the supervisors.