Institute for Diabetes and Obesity
Area of research:
As German Research Center for Environmental Health, Helmholtz Zentrum München pursues the goal of developing personalized medical approaches for the prevention and therapy of major common diseases such as diabetes mellitus, allergies and lung diseases. To achieve this, it investigates the interaction of genetics, environmental factors and lifestyle.
To work in a challenging research project funded by the Emmy-Noether programme founded by the DFG, focusing on cellular mechanisms and cellular signaling underlying the development of metabolic diseases at the Helmholtz Diabetes Center (HDC), Dr. Natalie Krahmer is looking for a highly motivated
PhD student (m/f/d)
- Study cellular organelle organization and metabolic signaling pathways in cellular and mouse models in metabolic diseases
- Biochemical and cell biological characterization of protein localizations and organelle interactions
- Apply and further develop of cutting-edge mass spectrometry based proteomic workflows
- Generation, analysis and integration of proteomics, phosphoproteomics and lipidomics data
- University degree (Diploma or Master) in biochemistry, molecular biology or related natural sciences
- Knowledge of standard molecular and biochemical methods
- Great interest in proteomics, cell biology, metabolism and bioinformatics
- Experience with mammalian cell lines and willingness to work with mice
- Ability to integrate into an international work environment
- Dynamic, highly motivated, flexible and responsible team player
- Fulfill all requirements for registering as a graduate student at the TU Munich
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
At the Helmholtz Zentrum München, you can contribute together with leading researchers to the investigation of the development, prevention and treatment of environmental diseases such as diabetes, chronic lung diseases and allergies. In order to further promote your professional development, we offer extensive and targeted research training and career programmes. We support the reconciliation between work and private life with flexible working time models, occupational health management, day care facility for children, a childcare subsidy, Elder Care, as well as other counseling and support services.
Remuneration and benefits are in accordance with the collective agreement for the public service (EG 13 50% TV EntgO Bund). In addition, there is also the possibility of granting an allowance amounting to 15% if the necessary conditions are fulfilled.
The position is limited to three years.
The activity involves special knowledge and experience specific to own scientific skills.
As a holder of the Total E-Quality Award, we promote equality of opportunity. Applications from women are welcome. Qualified applicants with physical disabilities will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive online application.