Area of research:
Reference No. FG 2019/18
The Institute Accelerator Physics is looking for
PhD Student (m/f/d) – Accelerator Physics – Electron beam diagnostics for extreme beams (bERLinPro and Athena_e)
- Conceptual design, setup and commissioning of a compact diagnostics unit with an Interferomentric Beam Size Monitor (IBSM) and THz Camera ? from signal source to data analysis.
- Calculation and optimization of the signal-to-noise ratio for the IBSM and THz Camera for bERLinPro and Athena_e.
- Test of the unit at an accelerator at HZB.
- Studies on concepts for THz radiation generation with bERLinPro.
- Support of the commissioning of bERLinPro.
- Fulfillment of the critera for PhD candidates at the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, MSc in pysics or comparable degree from a university or technical university (see the faculty’s doctoral degree regulations of the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin. )
- Good skills in beam physics of space-charge dominated electorn beams.
- Experience with methods of electron beam diagnostics.
- Interest in issues of accelerator physics
Prof. Dr. Thorsten Kamps
+49 30 8062-15157
Closing Date: 31.12.2019