ARE YOU INTO RESEARCH? WE AT THE FRAUNHOFER-INSTITUTE FOR MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY AND ADVANCED MATERIALS ARE OFFERING AN EXCITING ACTIVITY IN THE FIELD OF ENERGY STORAGE – STARTING FROM APRIL 16TH, 2020:
PHD STUDENT IN THE FIELD OF DATA-BASED MODELLING OF BATTERIES
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
The Fraunhofer-Institute for Manufacturing Technology and Advanced Materials is looking for colleagues in the field of electrical energy storage, for our Innovative Technologies and Cell Diagnostics team.
Our team cooperates closely to develop technologies for tomorrow’s energy revolution. You will be working in the field of Data Science, create prognoses and optimizations for the development of batteries To implement your ideas, we offer a very well equipped working environment in which you can give your creativity free reign. You will work independently and have great creative freedom.
What we expect from you:
- A degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, or Engineering
- Knowledge in the fields of algorithmics, stochastics, or applied mathematics / computer science
- Programming knowledge in C++, Python, or similar
- An analytical and interdisciplinary way of thinking
- A very good command of English
- Ideally, previous knowledge in the field of artificial intelligence, neural networks, and database systems
- Interest in battery and energy storage issues and materials informatics
- A high degree of teamwork, motivation, initiative, flexibility and willingness to perform
What we offer:
- You will implement data-based models and develop digital workflows through object-oriented data processing.
- You will work in a team of chemists, physicists, and engineers – developing innovative solutions for the predictability of batteries for various fields of application.
- We offer you interesting tasks in applied research and development, in close contact with the industry.
- We will support your personal development through extensive qualification measures such as the Fraunhofer education program, which includes seminars to help you along with your doctorate.
- For the implementation and presentation of your ideas and solutions, we have first-class equipped test fields and outstanding equipment at our disposal.
- Work-life balance through flexible working hours and part-time models. Within the framework of the flexitime-model, we also offer you the possibility of flexible working hours.
For us, it is important that our employees are able to reconcile a career and family life. In order to support our employees, we have a daycare center that is close to the institute, and we offer support in the areas of emergency childcare and homecare/eldercare.
For Fraunhofer, it is also important to promote equal opportunities for men and women. By participating in the “TALENTA” career program, young female researchers can take advantage of qualification opportunities while at the same time being granted enough freedom for their own professional development and further qualification. Within the three levels “Start”, “Speed-up” and “Excellence”, female researchers are supported at different levels of career development.
For further information please see:
Appointment, remuneration and social security benefits base on the public-sector collective wage agreement (TVöD).
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates. We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender. The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasizes gender-independent professional equality. This vacancy is also available on a part-time basis.
Please submit your online application until March 2nd, 2020 via:
If you have any further questions, please contact:
Dr. Daniela Fenske
Phone: +49 441 36116-264
For further information about our institute, please visit: