The Institute of Immunology is a theoretical institute of the Medical Faculty, which is primarily dedicated to research. Here, questions in the area of autoimmunity, tumor immunology and the regulation of immune responses are dealt with. Furthermore, the institute carries out considerable courses for medical and biology students. Finally, the institute performs the entire autoantibody diagnostics for the University Hospital.
The Institute for Immunology, Medical Faculty TU Dresden, is looking for a highly motivated
PhD Student in Hematopoietic Stem Cell Biology/Immunology (f/m/x)
The positions is available immediately.
Our group investigates how hematopoietic stem cells and progenitor cells participate and interact in the complex process of blood cell generation. The research project focuses on DNA damage recognition by the cGAS/STING immune pathway in the hematopoietic system and its role in leukemia development. Methods include mouse genetics, hematopoietic stem cell transplantation, multi-color flow cytometry, single cell transcriptomics as well as a broad range of basic molecular and cell biology techniques. The anticipated duration is 3-4 years. For further information about the work environment, please refer to our Website or contact Dr. Alexander Gerbaulet
For more information about our scientific work, please refer to our recent publications:
Luksch et al., J Allergy Clin Immunol 2019
Morcos et al., Stem Cell Reports 2017
Schoedel et al., Blood 2016
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in biology, medicine, pharmacy or related subjects
- Practical experience in one of the following research areas is desired: cell biology, immunology, molecular biology, bioinformatics or computational biology
- Scientific enthusiasm and intrinsic Motivation
- Ability to integrate into a scientific team and a good command of the English language.
- A fascinating research project, excellent mentoring and a stimulating Environment
- Arrangement for flexible working hours to find a balance between work and family life
- Using our internal prevention program including courses and work-out at the `Carus Vital´ health Center
- Taking part in job-oriented educational courses at the `Carus-Academy´
- Provision for the future in the form of a company pension plan
Severely disabled persons are explicitly encouraged to apply.
In order to apply online, please submit a single PDF file until May 31 th , 2019, with registration number IMU0919588, that includes your CV, relevant certificates/degrees, a brief summary of your previous research experience, a short statement why you chose to apply for this position and, if available, contact information for up to three references.
For further information please contact: Dr. Alexander Gerbaulet, phone: 0351- 458-6450 or by mail: email@example.com