PhD Student (gn*)
Ref. Nr. 6986
(*gn= gender neutral)
The European Institute for Molecular Imaging at the University of Münster, Germany, is offering a position for a project on metabolic priming of monocytes during inflammation in vivo, initially limited to 3 years.
Salary according to TV-L E 13 (65%)
The laboratory and project:
The group of Prof. Michael Schäfers is embedded in the inter-faculty European Institute of Molecular Imaging. Our research focuses on mechanisms of the innate immune system, its regulation and therapeutic modulation in clinically relevant inflammatory diseases and preclinical models. In the above project we are particularly interested in investigating how monocytes remember previous inflammatory stimuli and how this is associated with changes in their metabolism in inflammatory disorders with a special focus on molecular imaging technologies in vivo (PET/MRI, SPECT, FRI). For further information about the group, please visit our webpage: https://www.uni-muenster.de/EIMI.
The experimental program includes cutting-edge innovative imaging and immunological methods, techniques of molecular and cellular biology, genome editing of myeloid stem cells and analysis of preclinical mouse models (transgenic and knock-out). The project is embedded in a DFG Clinical Research Centre “Multiscale imaging of organ-specific inflammation” (www.uni-muenster.de/CRC-inSight).
What we expect:
• Master degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Pharmacy, (Bio)-Chemistry or (Bio)-Medicine
• Strong interest in molecular imaging in vivo and immunology
• Experience with lab work
• We encourage applicants with a broad experimental-analytical interest, as the job holder will contribute both to the development of new methods and their application to investigate murine disease models
• Oral and written communication skills – English (required) and German (desired)
• Ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team
What we offer:
• An employment contract initially limited to three years with longer-term prospects
• A broad education and training in the structured graduate programme of our highly interactive consortium (CRC inSight)
• Career development in a multidisciplinary and committed research team
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. med Michael Schäfers; firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to your online-application including the reference number until 11.01.2023 including:
• Cover letter describing your research interest and why you are suitable for the position (maximum 1 page)
• CV including a list of relevant publications
• Copy of the official academic transcript of your degree or a letter stating when your degree will be obtained
• Names, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers for academic references/recommendation letters
The University Hospital of Münster is one of the leading hospitals in Germany. Such a position cannot be achieved by size and medical successes alone. The individual commitment counts above all. We need your commitment so that even with little things we can achieve great things for our patients. There are many possibilities open for you so that you may develop with them.
Applications of women are specifically invited. In the case of similar qualifications, competence, and specific achievements, women will be considered on preferential terms within the framework of the legal possibilities. Handicapped candidates with equivalent qualifications will be given preference. Due to legal requirements working with us is only permitted with complete vaccination against Covid-19 and measles.
Due to legal requirements working with us is only permitted with complete vaccination against Covid-19 and measles.
PhD Student (gn*)