The FLC group shapes the physics case and develops detector technologies and concepts for future particle collider experiments. Compact plasma-based accelerators with their extremely high acceleration gradients could revolutionize accelerator applications from radiation facilities via light sources to future particle colliders. In order to demonstrate the generation of polarised electron beams from laser plasma acceleration (LPA) as one of the key prerequisites for collider and material science applications, this project targets the development of an electron polarimeter to diagnose beams from a novel LPA source of polarised beams.
- Design of a novel polarimeter for LPA generated electron beams
- Experimental implementation of the polarimeter design
- Measurement of the polarisation degree of LPA generated electron beams
- Master in experimental physics
- Advanced knowledge in particle detectors and/or accelerator physics
- Experience in programming (C++, Python… ) and hands-on laboratory work
- Team ability and very good English language skills
For further information, please contact Dr. Jenny List +49 40 8998-3681, email@example.com.