The Institute of Physiology is responsible for teaching and research in the field of cardiovascular diseases, hypertension and angiogenesis. In recent years, we have been investigating the role of endothelium in vascular and cardiac remodeling, as well as the role of inflammation in this regard. We are testing novel strategies of inhibition of endothelial pathways, along with inhibition of vessel inflammation in order to improve prevention of cardiovascular diseases, hypertension development and pathological angiogenesis.
Starting at March, 1st 2020 we are looking for a highly motivated
PhD Student (f/m/x)
The contract is planned for 36 months, but will start with a qualification period of 12 months. The project is fully funded by the German Research Foundation.
The successful candidate will be incorporated into this DFG-sponsored project which aims to identifying and characterizing the role of inflammatory cells on pathological angiogenesis, e. g. in proliferative retinopathies. The successful candidate will work with cell culture, ex-vivo assays and in vivo mouse models. Methods used in this project include e. g.: IHC, IF, FACS, WB, Elisa and qPCR.
- We are looking for a highly motivated and technically skilled PhD student
- Applicants must hold a Diploma, MSc or equivalent in the field of biology, biotechnology, chemistry or a closely related discipline
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and goal-oriented
- Good knowledge of the English language is required and basic knowledge of the German language is favorable
- An interesting research project with an excellent basic research scientific campus including the Medical Faculty, the BIOTEC, the CRTD and the Max-Planck Institute for Cell Biology and Genetics in close neighborhood in the historic city of Dresden
- A position according to the TV-L conditions (E13; 50 %)
Women are encouraged to apply. Disabled persons with equal qualification will be preferred. We look forward to receiving your application with Registration number PHY0919962, until January, 31th 2020 online. A detailed CV, cover letter and two references should be provided. For further Information please contact Dr. Anne Klotzsche-von Ameln via E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org