Electrochemical Conversion of CO2
Area of research:
Reference No. EE 2019/49
The Young Investigator Group Electrochemical Conversion of CO2 is looking for
PhD Student (f/m/d) in Electrochemistry (Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science, or related)
- Design and develop a system for electrolysis of gas phase CO using gas diffusion cells.
- Prepare electrocatalysts by chemical and physical synthesis methods in membrane electrode assemblies.
- Investigate electrochemical activity and product yields as a function of varied experimental conditions (pressure, flow rate, catalyst loading, etc.).
- Study catalyst structure in situ using spectroscopic techniques (X-ray, IR, Raman, etc.).
- Master’s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, or closely-related field
- Research experience in one or more of the following: electrochemistry, heterogeneous catalysis, analytical chemistry, fuel cells, or related (please explain in motivation letter)
- Excellent English speaking and writing abilities
- Eligible for enrollment in the chemistry doctoral program at the Freie Universität Berlin
Applicants should submit their CV, Master’s transcript, contact information for two references, and a motivation letter detailing their interest and suitability for the position. Estimated start date: April/May 2020.
Dr. Matthew Mayer
Closing Date: 31.01.2020