We are looking for talented and highly-motivated students who would like to pursue PhD research in a world-class research group in the exciting area of perovskite photovoltaics and optoelectronics. Our research spans both theoretical and experimental studies of hybrid organic-inorganic perovskite semiconductors, and their application in high-efficiency solar cells, tandem solar cells, and other optoelectronic devices.
Our group has established an excellent international reputation set several records, including a efficiency records for a 1cm2 perovskite cell, a perovskite – CIGS tandem cell and four-terminal perovskite-silicon tandem solar cell.
We are seeking outstanding PhD candidates to contribute to multiple research projects funded by the Australian Renewable Energy Agency and the Australian Research Council.
More information on the research group and our current projects can be found here: https://anuperovskites.wixsite.com/mysite
What we offer:
- Tax-free scholarships
- Access to state-of-the-art laboratories, characterisation equipment and experimental facilities
- International collaboration, conference attendance and industry engagement opportunities
- Exposure to a dynamic, interdisciplinary research environment at a top Australian University
- A first-class bachelor(honours) or master degree in physics, chemistry, materials science or engineering
- Strong motivation and commitment to work on challenging research problems in the fields of photovoltaics or optoelectronics
- A creative and problem-solving attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (spoken and written English)
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Prior research or project experience in photovoltaics, optoelectronics, semiconductor physics, materials science or chemistry
Our Research School:
Our school has an outstanding track record in developing and commercialising new photovoltaic concepts, and collaborating with industry partners. It is internationally recognised for world-leading research on silicon solar cell technology, and more recently perovskite photovoltaics, including perovskite-silicon tandems. It is also a key member of two Australian Solar Energy Research Institutes, including the Australian Centre for Advanced Photovoltaics (ACAP).
For more information about the Research School of Engineering: https://eng.anu.edu.au/
Multiple PhD scholarships are available to join the Perovskite Photovoltaics research group in the Research School of Engineering at the Australian National University. For the successful applicant, the scholarship fully covers the university fees and research expenses, and provides additional allowance to cover living costs for up to 3.5 years:
- Living allowance: AUD$ 30,000 per year
- Conference allowance: AUD$ 6,000 during PhD
- Relocation allowance: up to AUD$ 2,000
1. Self-assess your eligibility for entry into a graduate research program at CECS by visiting: https://cecs.anu.edu.au/study/graduate-research
2. Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A one page cover letter including a statement of research interests and why you want to do a PhD
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of transcripts and degrees
People of any gender are welcome to apply.
Deadline for applications: Friday, 15th November 2019