The University of Luxembourg aspires to be one of Europe’s most highly regarded universities with a distinctly international and interdisciplinary character. It fosters the cross-fertilisation of research and teaching, is relevant to its country, is known worldwide for its research and teaching in targeted areas, and is establishing itself as an innovative model for contemporary European Higher Education. It`s core asset is its well-connected world-class academic staff which will attract the most motivated, talented and creative students and young researchers who will learn to enjoy taking up challenges and develop into visionary thinkers able to shape society.
The Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine and the Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine have an opening for:
PhD positions in the frame of the PRIDE grant “Active phenomena across scales in biological systems” from the Luxembourg National Research Fund
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) obtained with top grades in any branch of computer, engineering, mathematical or natural science that has relevance (to be justified in the application) for studying Active Phenomena in Biology. (The degree must be obtained before the beginning of the contract but you can apply before)
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Very strong dedication to do state of the art research
- CV and letter of motivation
- A track record/list of up to three PhD projects
- Transcript of academic records and copies of degrees
- Names of at least two references who are willing to write a letter of recommendation on the candidate’s behalf
- Any other relevant documents
More details about the Doctoral Training Unit and the projects proposed can be found on https://cls.uni.lu/dtu-phd-projects/
Please read the descriptions carefully in order to identify the one best suited to your profile.
- The positions are funded by the Fonds National de la Recherche Luxembourg (ref. PRIDE19/14063202/ACTIVE)
- Questions should be addressed to the relevant PhD project advisors
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer and applications by women and minorities are especially encouraged. Applications will be treated as they arrive.