As part of the VIB-UAntwerp Center for Molecular Neurology and VIB, the PhD student will benefit from established collaborations and access to centralized facilities with expertise in genomics, functional genomics and cell biology, proteomics, cutting-edge microscopy, structural biology, technology development, and bioinformatics.
VIB provides a highly interactive environment and ample training opportunities for its researchers. In addition, the VIB-UAntwerp Center for Molecular Neurology is located in the city of Antwerp, the capital of Flanders, offering a culturally and historically rich, and ethnically diverse environment.
Predoctoral candidates are expected to have:
- Master degree in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry or biomedicine;
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Knowledge in bioinformatics or experience with iPSC cultures would be an advantage;
- Ability to summarize data extracted from the literature and to define research objectives,
- Self-motivation, flexibility, mobility and team spirit;
How to apply?
Please e-mail your:
- Detailed CV containing list of publications (if any)
- Names and addresses of 2 referees
- One-page motivation letter including description of previous research experience and research interests
More details on the project can be obtained from Prof. Albena Jordanova, PhD