IBG-2 – Pflanzenwissenschaften
Area of research:
- Development and implementation of new phenotyping platforms for the acquisition of image and spectral data in selected plant species of all involved breeding companies
- Development of new/revision of available algorithms for quantitative characterization of plant properties from digital imaging and spectral measurements. The focus is on quality traits like shape and color features of selected crops
- Rating of different methodic approaches via the breeding evaluation scales
- Optional: Development of workflows for image processing and data analysis for routine operation in the breeding process
- Completed master degree in computer science, image processing or a comparable subject area with interest in plant science topics
- Alternatively: Completed master degree in natural, engineering or agricultural science or a comparable subject area with good background in digital image processing
- Experience with image analysis and feature acquisition from RGB images; ideally experience in analyzing spectral data
- Ideally, experience with programming languages and software that are used for image processing, e.g. C++, Python, OpenCV, Matlab etc.
- Practical experience with optical sensors and their components such as cameras, spectroscopic measurement systems and illumination
- A high degree of initiative, responsibility and team spirit
- You are fluent in German and have a very good command of the English language
- Working at one of the largest and best-known European research facilities with excellent scientific and technical infrastructure
- Opportunity to work in a team of highly-motivated scientists and technicians in an international, interdisciplinary working environment on an attractive research campus, ideally situated between the cities of Cologne, Düsseldorf, and Aachen
- Promotion of professional development through participation in national and international conferences and further development of your personal strengths via various training programs
- Continuous technical support via a team of supervisors
- The contract is limited for 3 years
- Pay in line with 50 % of pay group 13 of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
Forschungszentrum Jülich aims to employ more women in this area and therefore particularly welcomes applications from women.We also welcome applications from disabled persons.