State-of-the-art medicine and nursing care you can rely on
Since being founded in 1815, Universitätsklinikum Erlangen has offered medicine of the highest standard and incorporated the latest insights from medical research and state-of-the-art equipment into diagnosis and therapy. More than 7,500 employees from approximately 50 different occupations are needed to provide the wide range of services offered by Universitätsklinikum Erlangen, ensuring our patients receive the very best care around the clock.
PhD position in Molecular Medicine (m/f/x)
at the Division of Molecular and Experimental Surgery starting from 01.09.2020
Your tasks: The incidence of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) has increased significantly during the last two decades. At present, about 400,000 people are affected in Germany. Due to the high individual variability of the clinical pattern, therapy must be individually designed and adapted to the clinical response. However, IBD is not yet curable. In the frame of a Transregio-consortium of the German Research Foundation (DFG-TRR241), we aim to decipher the role of the vascular system in the pathogenesis of IBD in order to develop potential new therapeutic approaches. For this purpose, cell biological, molecular biological and animal experimental methods will be used in a highly trans-lationally-oriented project. The successful candidate will be integrated in the research training groups Life@FAU and TRR241 iRTG, which provide structured educational programs with regular meetings, workshops and seminars for PhD students.
For further information see recent publications of our group: Bardenbacher et al., Stem Cell Res. 2019; Langer et al., Journal of Clinical Investigation 2019.
Essential experience / qualifications:
- Master / Diploma in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Medicine or similar
- solid knowledge of molecular and cell biological techniques
- good English knowledge
Desirable experience / qualifications:
- experience with culture of eukaryotic cells, molecular biology methods and in vivo mouse models (FELASA-B) will be of advantage
- pay grade is determined depending on qualifications and personal requirements according to TV-L E 13 – working hours 65%
- the position is initially for a fixed term of 3 years
- a secure, interesting position as part of a motivated, open team
- a thorough and qualified induction, and support in your new challenge
- all public service benefits, including supplementary benefits from the Federal and State Government Pension Fund (VBL) varied and responsible tasks with individual opportunities to grow and develop as a professional
- a wide range of services for promoting a healthy lifestyle
- a family-friendly environment and, if applicable, places in University accommodation
- professional experience can be taken into account when calculating total period of employment
Further information: Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Michael Stürzl; PD Dr. Nathalie Britzen-Laurent Phone: +49 9131 85-39522; +49 9131 85-40941 E-Mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org Homepage: https://www.chirurgie.uk-erlangen.de/en/research-teaching/molecular-and-experimentalsurgery/
Please send your application (including CV, letter of motivation, contact information of two references, and list of publications) by 17.07.2020 at the latest to:
Julia Dollinger E-mail: email@example.com
Additional information: www.uk-erlangen.de/karriere/hinweise-fuer-bewerber/