ZEA-2 – Systeme der Elektronik
Area of research:
The Central Institute of Engineering, Electronics and Analytics – Electronic Systems (ZEA-2) is a scientific engineering institute of Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH performing research and development projects in close cooperation with the institutes of the research center as well as external partners. The focus of our work are electronic and information technology system solutions in sensor and detector technology, signal and data processing as well as measurement techniques. Hereby the preferred approach are highly integrated silicon-based System-on-Chip (SoC) solutions.
Our team is working on integrated circuits which combine analog and digital components from modern CMOS technologies. One research focus is the development of System-on-Chip solutions (SoCs) for scalable control and read-out of semiconductor qubits. The SoCs will be operated at temperatures below 1K which generates very special requirements on circuit design, Silicon area as well as power consumption. The focus of the doctoral work will be on new and innovative concepts/solutions for quantum and sensing dots read-out. Your tasks include in particular:
- Conception and creation of innovative approaches for highly integrated read-out of semiconductor based qubits
- Implementation of the concepts in a modern CMOS Technology (e.g. 22nm FD-SOI)
- Characterization of the IC Performance stand alone and in Connection with qubits
- Collaboration in various interdisciplinary research projects
- Self-driven development of solutions
- Scientific university degree (Master) or comparable degree in electrical engineering, physics or similar fields
- Basic knowledge in the field of integrated circuits Desirable depending on the focus of the work
- First experience with the development of analog CMOS circuits in Cadence or similar tools
- Willingness to work in an interdisciplinary and intercultural team
- Good analytical view of problems and ability to master complex systems
- Opportunity to work in a team of highly motivated scientists
- Possibility to accompany the complete development process of an integrated circuit
- Further development of your own personal skills in combination with a socially balanced working Environment
- Participation in overarching seminars including certificate
- Personal support during the induction Phase
- Usually a contract for the duration of 3 years
- Pay in line with 70 % of pay group 13 of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
- Information on employment as a PhD student at Forschungszentrum Jülich can be found here www.fz-juelich.de/gp/Careers_Docs
Forschungszentrum Jülich aims to employ more women in this area and therefore particularly welcomes applications from women.We also welcome applications from disabled persons.