Applications are invited for a PhD (3 years) or Postdoc position (3 years) (f/m/d) at the Institute of Solid State Electronics, Dept. of Bioelectronics at TU Vienna with additional affiliation to the Center for Brain Research, Section of Bioelectronics, MedUni Vienna.
We are a group pioneering application and development of light sheet microscopy since over a decade (Dodt et al.,Nature Methods 2007). In the last years we started to apply light sheet microscopy to the 3D imaging of human tumors. We are developing both advanced optics and clearings for this new field of research. We are convinced that 3D pathology will revolutionize histological diagnostics and are looking for a PhD student or Postdoc for the application of light sheet microscopy to several types of human tumors.
- Application of light sheet microscopy to seveal types of tumors obtained from cancer operations (breast, colon, brain etc.)
- Improvement and development of fast and efficient tumor clearings
- Improvement and development of specific stainings to simulate standard histology in 3D
- Development of immunohistological staining for bulk tissue
- Data handling and stitching of large imaging files
We are seeking for a student/PhD with graduation in medicine, biology, chemistry, physics or related fields. Expertise in histology and staining techniques would be highly welcome. Also experience in optical physics and data handling would be a plus. As we are a very interdiscipinary research group expert knowledge and support in the above mentiond research fields is available (http://cbr.meduniwien.ac.at/organisation/sect-bioelectronics/home).
To apply send an email including a short letter of motivation, CV and references to firstname.lastname@example.org (Prof. Hans-Ulrich Dodt). Funding is provided by a grant of the FWF (Austrian science funding agency) with salary based on 30h/week (PhD) or 40h/week (Postdoc) according to FWF policies.