The Center for Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering at the Medical University of Vienna has an immediate opening for PhD positions. The Center for Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering is located in one of the largest European University hospitals (AKH Vienna) enabling multi-disciplinary innovative, vibrant science from bench to bedside. The research fields focus on the development, design, realization and application of novel biomedical optical imaging technologies (multimodal optical microscopy and endoscopy) as well as miniaturization of optical coherence tomography (OCT on a chip). The posts will involve developing a novel optical imaging platform for application in a clinical environment and collaboration with other scientific partners in multidisciplinary projects (H2020 framework).
The doctorate fellow will be responsible for laboratory experiments, fulfilling the project objectives, result dissemination (writing scientific articles & congress attendance) and successful complementation of PhD degree. The successful candidate will collaborate with other researchers in the group, as well as with collaborative international partners and scientific community. Visits to other collaborative organizations and presentation of scientific work at conferences will be encouraged. The student will obtain a PhD Degree conferred by the Medical University of Vienna within the medical physics program.
We appreciate applications from outstanding, highly motivated, research orientated individuals with the ability to work independently but also in an interdisciplinary team.
Qualification of applicant:
· Master Degree in Biophotonics or related field (Physics, Medical Physics, Medical Imaging or similar with life-science or laser technology related orientation);
· Good knowledge in theoretical and experimental optics, preferably interferometry and/or nonlinear microscopy;
· Experience with confocal, Raman microscopy/spectroscopy and multiphoton microscopy (desired);
· Experience with optical coherence tomography (desired);
· Excellent programming skills and data analysis (Matlab, Labview);
Interested candidates should submit a one-page research interest/cover letter, curriculum vitae and a list of 3 references.