The Research Group Dr. Antje Ebert at Göttingen University, Medical Center offers a
PhD candidate position (m/f/d)
initially limited to 1 year, with the option on renewal, full time / part time | salary
according to TV-L
The University Medical Center Göttingen is a tertiary care center and offers great development potential. Its 7,900 employees work in over 65 departments and facilities to provide top-quality patient care, excellent research and modern teaching. Göttingen, “City of Science”, located near the center of Germany, the University Medical Center Göttingen is embedded in the city’s attractive network of scientific research facilities.
The Heart Research Center at Göttingen University (HRCG) is an internationally renowned institution with an interdisciplinary scientific environment and state of the art facilities. The HRCG partners with the Max-Planck-Institutes for Biophysical Chemistry, for Experimental Medicine and for Dynamics and Self-Organization, as well as the German Center for Cardiovascular Research (DZHK).
Our Research Group at the HRCG studies the cell biology of cardiovascular diseases, utilizing patient-specific, induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) and site-specific genome editing, as well as biochemical and systems biology approaches. We assess fundamental principles in cardiac cell and tissue function.
• excellent M.Sc. degree in Biochemistry, Cell Biology, or Biophysics
• practical experience in standard techniques of molecular cell biology and biochemistry
• fluent command of the English language and commitment to good scientific practice
• team spirit, excellent communication talent, as well as intercultural and intrapersonal competencies
• a high level of motivation and a strong interest to integrate in basic science and translational research
• working in a highly motivated, young and friendly team
• an interdisciplinary, innovative and well-equipped scientific environment
• an exciting PhD project on molecular functions of cardiac cells and their dysfunction in models of cardiomyopathy
• collaborations with excellent international and national research labs, including Stanford University School of Medicine
• further training opportunities
• employment salary based on TV-L
Please send your complete application via email as a single pdf file, including a short research interest statement, two letters of reference, names and contact information of two referees, and a list of peer-reviewed publications.
Women are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants with disabilities and equal qualifications will be given preferential treatment.
We look forward to receiving your application by June 24th, 2020:
University Medical Center Göttingen
Clinic for Cardiology and Pneumology
Dr. rer. nat. Antje Ebert
Research group leader
Tel.: +49 (0) 551/39- 66309
Please send your application only via E-Mail as a PDF-file.
Travel and application fees cannot be refunded or transferred.