PYC Therapeutics is a peptide-based biotechnology company located in Perth, Western Australia. We combine our breakthrough cell penetrating peptide (CPP) technology with next-generation precision medicine to create precise, safe, and highly effective drugs targeting a range of rare genetic diseases and are advancing our technology towards the clinic.
We are seeking a high-performing, enthusiastic and experienced peptide and conjugation chemist to work within our scientific team on the design, synthesis, purification and characterisation of peptides and peptide-oligonucleotide conjugates. The successful candidate will have the qualifications and skills outlined below, as well as outstanding research and communication skills, the ability to take initiative, be highly organised and able to manage their time efficiently. We are looking for a candidate that enjoys working in a dynamic and interdisciplinary team setting and has a passion for science and its translation into patient impact.
This is a full-time position and we are committed to fostering a stimulating, rewarding, and flexible work environment. An attractive salary package will be offered commensurate with experience to candidates of truly exceptional ability, plus support towards relocation costs.
For further information, please contact Dr Katrin Hoffmann (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Establish analytical infrastructure, develop and lead analysis procedures for peptides and peptide-oligonucleotide conjugates
- Provide expertise in peptide conjugations and linker chemistry
- Provide expertise in peptide design and optimisation
- Lead CMC process for clinical development of peptide and peptide-oligonucleotide conjugates
- Project management, including preparation of research plans, timelines, reports and competitive analysis
- Staff management and leadership, including day-to-day supervision of research activities
Applications MUST include:
1. A statement addressing the selection criteria,
2. The applicant’s curriculum vitae,
3. The contact details of two current referees.
- PhD in Peptide chemistry or related discipline
- Research experience of 5+ years, with particular expertise in the areas of drug discovery, peptide chemistry and peptide/peptide conjugate therapeutics
- Comprehensive expertise and knowledge in peptide/peptide-oligonucleotide synthesis, purification and characterisation (SPPS, chromatography and spectrometry techniques including RP-HPLC, HPLC, IEXC, SEC, MS)
- Demonstrated experience of chemical ligation and conjugation methods
- Comprehensive expertise and knowledgeof peptide design and engineering for drug-like properties
- Demonstrated experience in planning, project and staff management
- Excellent verbal, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop experimental plans and pursue novel research approaches
- Demonstrated record in research collaborations, scientific presentations, publications, patents or other commercial research outputs
- Experience with conjugating peptides to oligonucleotides
- Experience in Medicinal chemistry
- Experience with CMC processes for biologics (e.g., GLP, GMP)
- Experience in commercial or industry R&D
- Computational chemistry