Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU)
FAU invites applications for an
Open Topic Tenure Track Professorship for Data, Sensors and Devices / Digital Transformation (W1 / Assistant Professor)
at the new Department of Artificial Intelligence in Biomedical Engineering at the Faculty of Engineering. The professorship is to be filled by 01.11.2020.
The professorship is financed with funds from a Federal and State programme for supporting young researchers at German universities, for an initial period of three years. Upon successful evaluation, the appointment will be extended for another three years. FAU offers the long-term perspective of a permanent appointment to a W2/W3 professorship if the requirements of the tenure evaluation are met.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach and conduct research in the field of Artificial Intelligence in Biomedical Engineering with a particular focus on data, sensors, and devices / digital transformation. We seek to appoint a top early career scientist who will develop outstanding expertise in the field, particularly in the following areas:
- human-technology interaction (e.g. intelligent multimodal medical UI, smart scanning support, brain-computer-interface, neuromonitoring)
- autonomous and intelligent data acquisition (e.g. automatic quality assurance, smart examination, scan optimisation)
- data integration, representation and visualisation (e.g. knowledge representation, smart research data management/semantic interoperability, process optimisation, process mining)
- computational methods for bioinformatics (e.g. artificial intelligence for analytics, -omics, computational neuroscience)
- intelligent materials and sensors (e.g. sensory/biosensory materials, intelligent sensing, sensing and analysis of human motion and emotion, lab on a chip for digital diagnostics, neuromorphic circuits)
The successful candidate will be expected to participate in teaching on the new consecutive Bachelor’s/Master’s degree programme in Artificial Intelligence and to be involved in setting up this programme. The professor will also be expected to contribute to existing degree programmes such as Medical Engineering, Medical Process Management, and Data Science. The professor will be a member of the Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Engineering.
For further information and the application guideline please see
Please submit your complete application documents (CV, list of publications, list of lectures and courses taught, copies of certificates and degrees, list of third-party funding) online at https://berufungen.fau.de by 15.04.2020, addressed to the President of the FAU. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.