Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU)
Within the framework of the Hightech Agenda Bavaria, FAU invites applications for up to three
Open Topic Full Professorships (W3) for Data, Sensors, and Devices
at the new Department of Artificial Intelligence in Biomedical Engineering at the Faculty of Engineering. The professorships are full-time and permanent positions to be filled by the earliest possible starting date.
We seek to appoint leading experts with an internationally visible research and teaching profile, particularly in the following areas:
- human-technology interaction (e.g. intelligent multimodal medical UI, smart scanning support, brain-computer-interfaces, neuromonitoring)
- autonomous and intelligent data acquisition (e.g. automatic quality assurance, smart examination, scan optimisation)
- data integration, representation and visualisation (e.g. knowledge representation, smart research data management/semantic interoperability, process optimisation, process mining)
- computational methods for bioinformatics (e.g. artificial intelligence for analytics, -omics, computational neuroscience)
- intelligent materials and sensors (e.g. sensory/biosensory materials, intelligent sensing, sensing and analysis of human motion and emotion, lab on a chip for digital diagnostics, neuromorphic circuits)
The successful candidates will be expected to participate in teaching on the new consecutive Bachelor’s/Master’s degree programme in Artificial Intelligence and to be involved in setting up this programme. The professors will also be expected to contribute to existing degree programmes such as Medical Engineering, Medical Process Management, and Data Science. The professors will be members of the Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Engineering.
For further information and the application guidelines please see https://www.fau.eu/university/careers-at-fau/professorships/
Please submit your complete application documents (CV, list of publications, list of lectures and courses taught,_ copies of certificates and degrees, list of third-party funding) online at https://berufungen.fau.de by 15.04.2020, addressed to the President of the FAU. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.