College of Life Sciences of Hebei University is aimed to become a world-class academic institution, and is launching this international recruitment campaign to recruit innovative, enthusiastic scientists in different biological disciplines.
Availability of positions:
All levels of scientists from a wide range of biological disciplines are welcome to apply with particular interests in, but not limited to, ecology, entomology, zoology, cancer biology, immunology, stem cell research, drug development and biomedical sciences.
Candidates must have a Ph.D. or M.D. or equivalent in biological sciences with outstanding track records in peer-reviewed publications and/or extramural grant funding status. Appointment rank will be commensurate with academic accomplishments and experiences. The appointed faculty will be expected to develop an independently-funded research program.
· Each faculty member will receive an internationally competitive salary and a fringe benefits package that includes a generous housing option, a high-end medical care plan, etc. These salary and benefits are comparable to the current US academic institutions.
· Each faculty member is provided with an internationally competitive start-up package that includes long-term and sufficient research funds, ample laboratory space, excellent equipment and research support. Stable financial support safeguards every research project that is designed to push the envelope of human knowledge. Usually the startup package is more generous than the current US academic institutions.
Hebei University (HBU) is founded by French Jesuits in 1921, and located in a historical city, Baoding, which is about 90 miles south of Beijing. HBU has been attracting more world-wide attentions in recent years because it is the closest university to the new developmental zone Xiongan District, which was appointed by the central government 2 years ago. HBU currently has an enrollment of 33,000, including 6,100 full-time graduates and 26,900 full-time undergraduates in 15 colleges. As a key comprehensive university, Hebei University (HBU) is co-constructed by Ministry of Education, the People’s Government of Hebei Province and State Administration of Science, Technology and Industry for National Defense of PRC. It is also one of the first-level universities participating in China’s construction plan of national first-class university and world-class disciplines, with strong support from the Hebei Provincial Government. For more information, please visit the website http://en.hbu.cn/.
College of Life Sciences is a key college of the university based on its history and outstanding achievements. The college currently has 128 faculties including 3 academic members of Chinese Academy of Sciences, and it is home to about 300 undergraduate students, 160 Master’s degree students and 15 Ph.D. students each year. Besides extramural grants, the college has research budget over 50 million RMB ($7.15 million USD) annually. The college has recently been selected as the leading college for the university’s “Double First-Class" initiative, which has been undergoing rapid expansion.
To apply, please submit the following materials to Shiqiang Wan email firstname.lastname@example.org:
1) Cover Letter;
2) Curriculum Vitae (with a complete list of publications);
3) Statement of research interest;
4) Names and contact information for 3-5 references.
All positions remain open until filled. For additional information, please contact Shiqiang Wan. Email: email@example.com, phone: +86 133 1130 3361.