The Division of Biomedical Statistics and Informatics at Mayo Clinic in Florida is seeking candidates for an Open Rank Bioinformatics Faculty position in Jacksonville, FL. Successful candidates will be responsible for leading the bioinformatics component of multidisciplinary teams and collaborating with colleagues to advance bioinformatics in healthcare transformation and precision medicine. Academic rank, salary and start-up package will be commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, CV, and a statement of research interests. Specific questions may be addressed to Yan Asmann, PhD, Search Committee Chair via email@example.com.
The Division of Biomedical Statistics and Informatics is part of the Department of Health Sciences Research at Mayo Clinic. The division has approximately 300 members with doctoral level, master’s level or bachelor’s level expertise in biomedical informatics, biostatistics, statistical genetics, data science, and clinical trials.The division’s work has led to prominent methodological research in survival analysis, clinical trial design, genomics studies and artificial intelligence. On an annual basis, the division’s statisticians and informatics experts carry out more than 3,000 ongoing projects — many funded by research grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) — and author or co-author more than 1,000 peer-reviewed publications.
Mayo Clinic is the largest integrated, multidisciplinary academic medical center in the world. We support a vibrant and diverse research enterprise, with programs in basic, translational, clinical and population sciences. Jacksonville is a beautiful coastal Florida city that features excellent year-round climate, over 20 miles of beaches and outstanding outdoor recreational, cultural and family-oriented amenities. The "River City by the Sea" has an excellent school system, reasonable cost of living and a thriving business environment. We offer a highly competitive compensation program with exceptional benefits.
- PhD in bioinformatics with at least one year post graduate experience
- Experience with RNA sequencing, whole genome/exome sequencing, systems biology, machine learning, or artificial intelligence
- Demonstrated collaborative research success
- Demonstrated ability to publish in high-quality, peer-reviewed journals as first or senior author
- Experience presenting research at national or international forums
- Evidence of independent scholarly activity including algorithm or methodology development
- Leadership experience with evidence of delegating to team members
- Flexibility, creativity and excellent communication skills
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).