PhD Studies in the Heart of Europe.
The International Max Planck Research School for Heart and Lung Research (IMPRS-HLR) offers up to ten positions to talented and enthusiastic students holding a relevant Master‘s degree. Being the leading educational platform of the renowned Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research (Bad Nauheim, Germany), the PhD program brings together experts from all over the world. Thus, the intense cooperation with both affiliated universities, Goethe University in Frankfurt and the Justus Liebig University in Giessen, provides a vivid scientific environment throughout your PhD.
We are now inviting outstanding students to APPLY as PhD candidates!
You will participate in a three-year professional graduate school program including lectures, dedicated seminars, methods courses and retreats, and you will benefit from the scientific offerings of the Max Planck Institute and the affiliated universities. The international and multi-disciplinary approach of the program promotes cross-frontier thinking and scientific networking and provides an optimal environment for young and talented scientists to start an academic career in the field of life sciences.
Successful candidates can choose a research project in the field of heart, vessel and lung biology covering cutting-edge science in
- Cardiac Development and Remodeling
- Stem Cells and Tissue Regeneration
- Vascular Biology
- Developmental Genetics
- Lung Development and Remodeling
- Tumor Biology and Metastasis
- Angiogenesis and Metabolism
- Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology
Applicants should hold an MSc by October 2020 with a strong background in biological sciences, biochemistry, medicine, pharmacy or a related discipline.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- An international and structured PhD program taught in English
- Friendly and multi-disciplinary environment
- Excellent career opportunities
- State-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge research projects
- Feedback, guidance and mentorship by an individual Thesis Advisory Committee
Fully funded position
Deadline for submitting your application via our online application platform on our website is January 31 2020: http://imprs.mpi-hlr.de/.
The interviews will take place beginning of May and accepted candidates start no later than October 2020.