Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for a full-time, fixed term position as a Research Programme Manager of the newly established SFI Centre for Research Training in Genomics Data Science, funded by Science foundation Ireland at the National University of Ireland, Galway.
The CRT in Genomics Data Science is a doctoral school, co-ordinated by NUI Galway that will train 100 PhD students in genomics across five Irish universities: NUI Galway, University College Dublin, University College Cork, Trinity College Dublin and the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
This position is available from 1 July 2019 to contract end date 31 August 2026.
The successful candidate will support the activities of the CRT and work together with the Centre Director, Prof. Cathal Seoighe. The programme manager would contribute to the establishment and management of the training activities, be responsible for the management of the day-to-day activities of the CRT and support the Centre Director in reporting tasks to SFI.
The successful candidate will
- Be an active member of the executive committee and management team of the CRT.
- Work with the Centre Director and the co-applicants in delivering periodic and financial reports to SFI.
- Participate and support the activities of the special committees by helping with scheduling meetings, compiling and distributing documents (e.g. application forms) and special committee reports etc.
- Contribute to the development, organisation and delivery of taught modules and scientific workshops.
- Contribute to communication and outreach activities by maintaining the CRT’s website, social media accounts, etc.
- Help to co-ordinate the collaborative research tasks between international partners.
- Contribute to the research activities of the CRT.
- Help with the administrative tasks related to the research projects, such as reimbursement of visiting scientists, researcher secondment plans and reports.
- Liaise with Partner Organisations and manage the realization of Partner Organisation commitments to the CRT.
- Perform such additional duties relating to the development of genomics education within the CRT and at NUI Galway as required by the Centre Director.
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics/Genomics/Biomedical Science/Molecular Biology/Mathematics/Statistics or a related area
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills. Flexibility and ability to work in a team environment.
- Research grant management experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of industry liaison and IPR issues.
- Good knowledge of genomics or bioinformatics.
- Teaching experience in a higher education environment and/or experience of postgraduate student supervision.
Employment permit restrictions apply for this category of post
Salary: €54,000- €60,000 per annum /pro-rata
Appointment on the above range will be dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Start date: Position is available from 1st July, 2019
Continuing Professional Development/Training:
Researchers at NUI Galway are encouraged to avail of a range of training and development opportunities designed to support their personal career development plans.
Further information on research and working at NUI Galway is available on Research at NUI Galway
For information on moving to Ireland please see www.euraxess.ie
Further information about the SFI Centre for Research Training in Genomics Data Science is available at https://genomicsdatascience.ie
Informal enquiries concerning the post may be made to Dr. Eva Szegezdi
NB: Gárda vetting is a requirement for this post (as appropriate to Child Protection Policy)
Applications to include a covering letter, CV, and the contact details of three referees should be sent, via e-mail (in word or PDF only) to Dr. Eva Szegezdi (email@example.com).
Please put reference number NUIG-088-19 in the subject line of e-mail application.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5.00 pm 24th May 2019
Interviews are planned to be held on the 5th June 2019
All positions are recruited in line with Open, Transparent, Merit (OTM) and Competency based recruitment
National University of Ireland, Galway is an equal opportunities employer