We are seeking an outstanding scientist with experience in microfluidics to join Curve Therapeutics, an innovative, venture-backed start-up company out of Professor Ali Tavassoli’s laboratory at the University of Southampton. The successful applicant will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to use and further develop our high-throughput microfluidics screening platform.
Applicants should have a PhD, with a background that includes working with droplet microfluidics, in addition to experience of working with proteins.
The successful candidate will be employed as a post-doctoral scientist by Curve at the company’s laboratories in Southampton. The laboratory has developed pioneering approaches to targeting protein-protein interactions, reporting a number of cell-active, first in class inhibitors (for examples see Miranda et al., 2013, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 135, 10418, Leitch et al., 2018, Chem. Sci. 9, 5957 and Tavassoli, 2017, Curr. Opin. Chem. Biol. 38, 30). The applicant will use state of the art facilities and approaches to identify and develop molecules that target some of the most challenging disease-modifying therapeutic targets.
The post is available to start immediately, and the company will offer a competitive salary, dependent on experience. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in an exciting start-up venture and to contribute to and shape world-leading drug discovery efforts.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a PhD, or equivalent experience, in a related discipline. Those who have submitted their PhD thesis and are awaiting their viva will be considered
- experience in the use of microfluidic systems.
- experience of working with recombinant proteins, including expression and purification, and cloning.
- interest in working in a multidisciplinary, dynamic environment.
- experience of working well in a team.
- excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter detailing how you meet the above criteria to Professor Ali Tavassoli by e-mail: email@example.com
Applications will be considered in the order that they are received, and the position will be filled when a suitable candidate has been identified.