Job Title: Medicinal Chemists (ref: MC/1119)
Location: Cambridge, UK
Astex Pharmaceuticals is a world leader in innovative drug discovery and development. The company has successfully applied its proprietary Fragment-Based Drug Discovery platform to generate multiple new drug candidates that are progressing in clinical development. Successful collaborations have led to two launched oncology drugs (Kisqali® partnered with Novartis and BalversaTM partnered with Janssen). Astex continues to grow and focuses on Oncology and Neurological Disorders.
CURIOSITY, CREATIVITY AND INNOVATIVE SCIENCE FOR DRUG DISCOVERY
…UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL
We have exciting opportunities for lab-based medicinal chemists keen to work on FBDD in close collaboration with computational chemistry, structural biology, biology and DMPK scientists. Candidates should be highly rigorous scientifically, and able to challenge and stimulate colleagues. An excellent knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry, alongside a proven track record of practical experience, is required. Applications are welcome from candidates recently qualified at PhD level as well as medicinal chemists with industrial experience. Some of the positions are permanent and some are for 2 year fixed term contracts depending on qualifications and experience.
• Design and synthesis of target molecules within drug discovery projects, with an emphasis on structure-based drug design and state of the art synthesis methodology
• Contribute to the advancement of FBDD technology and methodology within the Department
• Support the safe day to day running of Astex’s chemistry laboratories
• Promote cross disciplinary interactions
• PhD in synthetic organic chemistry with demonstrated expertise in delivering target molecules
• Outstanding publication record in high impact journals
• Good interdisciplinary teamworking and communication skills are essential
• Experience and aptitude in the following areas will be advantageous: structure-based drug design and medicinal chemistry including lead optimization and DMPK problem solving.
We offer excellent training and career development opportunities as well as competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter, quoting the job reference: MC/1119 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 3rd January 2020