Job Title: Medical Writer (Medical Education)
Reports to: Associate Medical Director
Department/Division: Springer Healthcare UK
Due to additional new business and growth, Springer Healthcare need an experienced Medical Writer to join our highly collaborative team working across a variety of print and digital content and therapeutic areas. You’ll face challenges solving them with your scientific knowledge, editorial expertise and creativity. As an excellent relationship builder, you’ll build strong relationships with therapy area experts, 3rd-party vendors, freelancers and various key stakeholders.
• Coordinate editorial scientific content delivery for key accounts
• Research and generate content in varied formats (printed, digital, PPT slides)
• Take clear and agreed briefs from clients including content, formats, deadlines, authors and stakeholders
• Project and budget management
• Apply therapeutic area knowledge to contribute to business development opportunities including proposals and pitches
• Participate fully in briefing and brainstorming sessions
• Attend client meetings and pitches as the scientific representative of Springer Healthcare
• International and national travel as requested
• A biomedical degree (or extensive equivalent experience)
• Medical writing experience in a communications agency, medical education, pharmaceutical industry or related healthcare industries
• Ability to seek out, critically appraise and appropriately cite published information
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and time management skills
• Ability to create good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
A higher degree in a biomedical discipline, ideally MSc or PhD
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating salary expectations.
At Springer Nature we value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We recognise the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.
For information about our Research Editorial and Publishing career opportunities please visit the new Springer Nature E&P website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs.