A unique position.
BG Kliniken Ludwigshafen und Tübingen gGmbH, as the responsible organization for the Berufsgenossenschaftliche Unfallkliniken Ludwigshafen and Tübingen, and the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Tübingen invite applications for the position of a
Medical Director (f/m/x)
at the BG Klinik Tübingen to commence as soon as possible. The holder of this position is at the same time Director of the Trauma- and Reconstructive Surgery Clinic, and will also be appointed to the W3 Professorship for Trauma Surgery at the Faculty of Medicine.
BG Kliniken Ludwigshafen und Tübingen gGmbH operates highly qualified hospital facilities for the treatment of accident victims in the BG clinics mentioned above. It is a subsidiary of one of the largest hospital groups in Germany (http://www.bg-kliniken.de).
The BG Klinik Tübingen (http://www.bgu-tuebingen.de) is one of the largest supra-regional trauma centers in Germany, with 340 beds and around 950 employees. In addition to the accident surgery departments, the BG Klinik Tübingen also has other departments – for Hand, Plastic, Reconstructive and Burns Surgery, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (Plastic Surgery), for Paraplegics, Technical Orthopaedics and Spinal Surgery, Anaesthesia, Intensive Care and Pain Therapy, and Radiology. Within the framework of the Berufsgenossenschaft´s treatment principles, the hospital is also affiliated with a department for professional rehabilitation and therapy control. The clinic for accident and reconstructive surgery comprises 213 beds, 64 of which are in the rehabilitation area. Since 2012, the BG Klinik Tübingen has had its own “Siegfried Weller Institute for Accident Medicine Research”.
In addition, BG Klinik Tübingen performs teaching and research tasks in trauma surgery as well as hand, plastic and burn surgery for the University of Tübingen (http://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de) The University of Tübingen as a place of research and teaching is therefore involved in the selection process. The Medical Director is also to be appointed as a W3 university professor at the University of Tübingen with all academic rights and duties. Involvement is expected in existing and planned research networks (Clusters of Excellence, Collaborative Research Centers, etc.) and core areas of research at the Faculty of Medicine (neuroscience, immunology & oncology, infection medicine research, diabetes & vascular medicine, medical technology), as well as in the University, especially in the field of medical technology and regenerative medicine. The successful candidate will thus contribute to the application-oriented development of new technological concepts and to patient-oriented clinical research in Tübingen.
- As Medical Director, you will be a member of the management in Tübingen, reporting directly to the hospitals’ executive board. You will be in charge of, and responsible for medicine and medical services with special consideration of the requirements of SGB VII (German Statutory Accident Insurance law) with the three pillars of acute care, restoration/reconstruction, and rehabilitation.
- You will be in charge of Trauma Surgery / Orthopaedics.
- As part of a future-oriented hospital management – based on tried and tested methods and taking into account economic interdependencies – you will continuously develop the hospital in the constantly changing healthcare system.
- You will represent the BG Klinik Tübingen in clinical networks, scientific cooperation and research projects, in particular with university institutions, as well as in professional societies and associations. At group level, you will be a member of the Medical Advisory Board and actively participate in working groups of the BG Klinikverbund and the Deutsche Gesetzliche Unfallversicherung.
- As an appointed professor, your designated tasks include research and teaching.
- You will also play an active role on academic committees run by the Faculty of Medicine and by the University.
- You are a recognized specialist in orthopaedics and trauma surgery, including additional training in the field of special trauma surgery, and meet the requirements for full entitlement to further training.
- In addition, you have extensive management and leadership experience and can demonstrate success in managing large clinical facilities.
- You can demonstrate innovative and internationally-established clinical research (basic, condition- and patient-oriented), as well as third-party funding obtained in a competitive process, and publications
- You have sustainable and outstandingly-evaluated experience in teaching and training, in particular with regard to innovative teaching concepts in Faculty of Medicine study programs.
- Versatile, demanding and responsible activities in a very committed team
- A highly specialized hospital with everything you need for modern, forward-looking medicine
- Opportunities to forge research, teaching and medical policy
- Options for further training and education
- Performance-related remuneration
Required qualifications include a PhD or equivalent international degree and postdoctoral qualifications equivalent to the requirements for tenure. This includes evidence of teaching effectiveness.
The University of Tübingen is particularly interested in increasing the number of women in research and teaching and therefore strongly encourages women candidates to apply.
In line with its internationalization agenda, the university welcomes applications from researchers outside Germany.
Applications from equally qualified candidates with disabilities will be given preference.
You can find further information on required documentation in our application guidelines at: https://www.medizin.uni-tuebingen.de/de/medizinische-fakultaet/struktur-und-berufung
We look forward to receiving your detailed application by October 25th, 2019, stating your desired salary and earliest possible starting date. Please send your application complete with all required documents by e-mail as a single PDF file to:
BG Kliniken Ludwigshafen und Tübingen gGmbH
Executives Reinhard Nieper / Fabian Ritter
Ludwig-Guttmann-Straße 13, 67071 Ludwigshafen
Or apply directly via our careers portal: www.bg-kliniken.de
Your application will be forwarded to the
Dean of the Faculty of Medicine
University of Tübingen
Professor Dr. med. Ingo B. Autenrieth
For further information please contact Ms. Stephanie Faehling, head of personnel at BG Kliniken – Klinikverbund der gesetzlichen Unfallversicherung gGmbH (phone: 030/330960-103), the chief executive officer of BG Kliniken Ludwigshafen und Tübingen gGmbH, Mr Fabian Ritter (phone: 0621/6810-8000), or the Dean of the Faculty of Medicine, Professor Dr. Autenrieth (phone: 07071/2977973)