Manager, Research Operations
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
The Hahn laboratory in the Department of Medical Oncology is seeking applicants for the position of Research Scientist/Lab Operations Manager (LOM). This individual will work with Dr. Hahn to oversee laboratory operations and will play an essential role in managing grants and other large projects. We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal and writing skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage laboratory operations for a laboratory of 25+ postdoctoral fellows, graduate students and technicians.
- Work closely with the PI to conceptualize, write and submit grants and will take responsibility to manage reporting requirements.
- Organize laboratory policy concerning equipment, personnel and budgets and will have primary responsibility for biosafety and animal protocols.
- Coordinate across all DFCI service departments and Research Administration to carry out these responsibilities and collaborate with scientists to assess short and long-range needs regarding research technologies and facilities.
- Supervise and troubleshoot central floor services, such as the core glasswashing facility and central purchasing and receiving efforts for Dana15.
This person will work independently in all of these activities. The Research Operations Manager will coordinate with Human Resources with regard to prescreening/interviewing new personnel prior to making recommendations to the PI.
- MS or equivalent, although a PhD is preferred.
- 5 years of experience in research or research operations.
- Excellent organizational, writing and interpersonal skills.
About Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow’s physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
To apply, please visit: https://social.icims.com/viewjob/pe1576872241332962bf
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.