Evotec is a leader in the discovery and development of novel small molecule drugs with operational sites in Europe and the US. The Company has built substantial drug discovery expertise and an industrialized platform that can drive new innovative small molecule compounds into the clinic.
In addition, Evotec has built a deep internal knowledge base in key therapeutic areas including neuroscience, pain, inflammation, oncology, metabolic and infectious diseases. Leveraging these skills and expertise the Company intends to deliver superior science-driven discovery alliances with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
At our subsidiary in Goettingen, the Bioinformatics and Biostatistics department is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated
Machine Learning Scientist (f/m/d)
full-time and permanent
to join the newly formed machine learning team.
Your key responsibilities
- Design and implement machine learning algorithms tailored for drug discovery
- Handle a plethora of data sources (including transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics, image data, and information on chemical compounds)
- Collaborate with colleagues which are experts in bioinformatics or drug discovery and with scientists working in the lab
- Communicate and present results internally and externally
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in computer science or in a related STEM field
- Strong programming skills in at least one programming language (preferably in Python, R, or any C derivate)
- Basic mathematical knowledge required to read research articles in the field
- Experience with either traditional machine learning or deep learning algorithms is a strong plus
- Drug discovery or medical experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff, collaborators, and customers
- Experience in working on and with interdisciplinary teams
- Fluency in English
- A permanent position within a vigorous and exciting professional environment promoted by an open culture and a spirit of community
- Highly responsible tasks, quick decision-making and flat hierarchies
- A diverse, international workforce with a dynamic working environment that fosters creativity, innovations and teamwork
- Capital-forming benefits, holiday pay and annual bonus payment depending on performance
To apply, please click on the “Apply now” button and provide your application documents (CV and cover letter, including the earliest possible start date and salary requirements). We are looking forward to get to know you and to your application.
Evotec International GmbH · Human Resources · Marie-Curie-Straße 7 · 37079 Göttingen
For further information, please visit our homepage: www.evotec.com