Lushan Botanical Garden of Chinese Academy of Sciences is worldwide seeking nominations and applications for its deputy director position of the garden.
Lushan Botanical Garden founded in 1934, a prestigious botanical institution of botanical research, plant conservation and science education in China. The garden is aiming to meet the major scientific and technological needs of constructing national ecological civilization and economic and social development of Jiangxi Province, currently through integrating the innovative resources of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and Jiangxi Province. The garden is dedicated to study of subalpine plants and upgrade into a world-class and multidisciplinary subalpine botanical garden, and contributions to a “Jiangxi model” of beautiful China. The scientific research focuses include regional flora of Central and Eastern China, ex situ plant conservation, subalpine and forest ecology, evaluationand discovery of plant germplasm resources, lakes/wetland aquatic plant biology, etc.
Qualifications and/or Experience:
1) PhD or Doctorate in Botany, Ecology, Biology or related field in Plant Sciences required.
2) Extensive experiences in botanical garden management with demonstrated organizational coordination ability, in support for Chinese communist party leadership and passionate for botanical garden career.
3) Previous experience in chief position of departments, colleges of well known universities, or key labs of prestigious research institutes preferred.
4) Must be a professor of well known universities or equivalent position of prestigious research institutes and be able to broadly grasp the trend of multi-disciplines of botanical garden based research and with academically recognized achievements. Nationally titled personnel or national scientific awards holder preferred.
5) Must be good ideological and moral personality with professional ethics, innovative consciousness, communication and coordination ability as well as teamwork spirit; demonstrate and instill in staff members a high degree of professionalism, integrity, loyalty and service to the organization.
6) Must be able to work under pressure with physically well and good health and age 50 or younger. Preferred candidate with age >50 can be considered.
7) A full time at Lushan botanical garden required.
Salary is equivalent to that of the relevant position of Wuhan botanical garden, CAS, plus Jiangxi provincial Talent Program and Jiujiang City Talent Program including corresponding position allowance, family allowance, and research start-up funds and helps with children’s schooling and spouse’s job; depending qualifications and experience.
Those interested must provide a curriculum vitae, application form (see attached), copies of ID card (passport), degree and job title certificates, awards certificate and employment (appointment) document; a list of qualifications and publications of past five years. They must be sent by email or express mail to the address below
Review of candidate materials will begin immediately and the qualified candidates will be notified and invited for an interview. The interview is tentatively scheduled in late July and August, 2019, at Lushan Botanical Garden. The candidates are required to prepare a 30-40 minute presentation (PowerPoint presentation required) and the interview process will be conducted by an appointed search committee.
All inquiries, applications and nominations should be directed to:
Lushan botanical garden, Lushan, 330000, Jiangxi, China
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us to obtain the application form.