Research program title
Lipidomics and lipid mediators in inflammation
This research program will focus on the development of objective molecular biomarkers in vascular health or nutrition depending on candidate’s interests. Successful candidate will be responsible to design, execute, interpret and validate targeted and untargeted lipidomics studies for biomarker discovery using liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry. He/she will implement new lipidomics workflows for the analysis of biofluids and tissues, including in vivo lipidomics and large-scale profiling. He/she will lead the identification of lipids of interest using complementary techniques and/or integrate lipidomics data with other multi-omic and clinical measurements. He/she will collaborate with clinical researchers and communicate findings with multidisciplinary scientific teams.
Academic qualifications required
- PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline.
- Strong publication and presentation record.
- Established expertise in separation science and high resolution mass spectrometry.
- Expertise in lipidomics, lipid biology, method validation, and biomarker discovery is a strong asset.
- Applicants must not currently hold a postdoctoral appointment at Concordia
- Priority will be given to postdoctoral fellows who have obtained their PhD from another university although in exceptional cases Concordia graduates may be considered
- Applicants must adhere to the postdoctoral fellow eligibility criteria outlined in Concordia University’s Postdoctoral Policy
Timeline and application process
- The Deadline for submitting the applications is April 1, 2020.
- The Postdoctoral Fellow must start his/her appointment by March 1, 2021.
- All documents must be submitted to Niyusha Samadi.
- Please include the reference number with your application
- One to three (1-3) page research statement demonstrating fit with the program described above.
- Current curriculum vitae demonstrating research excellence and a capacity for leadership in the domain (maximum 5 pages).
- Two letters of reference from academic supervisors or current employers to be sent via e-mail directly to Niyusha Samadi.
The prestigious Horizon Postdoctoral Fellowships are valued at $50,000 per year plus benefits and full access to Concordia’s services, including GradProSkills.
Concordia University is a vibrant research and teaching environment, with state-of-the-art research facilities and many research centers. Concordia is located in Montreal, Canada, a diverse and creative city, often ranked as offering one of the best quality of living experiences in North America.