The MAX DELBRÜCK CENTER FOR MOLECULAR MEDICINE (MDC) Berlin is a leading biomedical research institute dedicated to interdisciplinary research in the areas of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases, Cancer, Function/Dysfunction of the Nervous System and Medical Systems Biology. The Advanced Light Microscopy Technology Platform (ALM) of the institute is offering a full-time position for a highly motivated person who is interested to apply and further develop their skills to support scientists and students with image acquisition as well as data analysis. ALM is currently supporting 15 advanced light microscopy setups including confocal/spinning disk, 2-photon/intravital, light-sheet, STED super-resolution, TIRF, FLIM/FRET, laser capture microdissection microscopy as well as image analysis workstations and a range of software packages, e.g. Imaris, Arivis, Huygens. We have over hundred users per year with a diverse range of applications and imaging needs.
For our Advanced Light Microscopy Team, starting January 1st, 2019, we are looking for one
Light Microscopy Specialist
- maintenance of the daily operation of the high-end light microscopes and the platform infrastructure including instrument performance tests, trouble-shooting, alignments
- user consultation, training and ad-hoc assistance in several routine and advanced light microscopy techniques to ensure that microscopes are setup and used correctly
- project-based user support in image acquisition, sample preparation and tissue clearing, data processing and image analysis
- maintenance of the IT infrastructure (network, computer, server, software) in coordination with IT department of the institute
- Bachelor degree in Biology, (Bio)Physics, Bioinformatics, Bioengineering, Engineering or related fields, Master degree or PhD level candidates are also welcome to apply
- solid hands-on experience and in-depth understanding of light, fluorescence and confocal microscopy
- a strong service- and team-orientation as well as excellent organizational, problem-solving and communication skills (working language is English)
- practical experience with IT support, data processing, data management, image analysis, programming or advanced imaging techniques such as light-sheet microscopy/tissue clearing would be a strong plus.
The applicant will need to develop a detailed technical understanding of the available microscopes and image analysis tools.
The MDC is committed to diversity and actively supports equal opportunities for all employees regardless of their origin, religion, ideology, disability, age or sexual identity. The MDC is certified by the “work and family” audit and provides an inclusive and family friendly environment. Please, send your application including all documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, list of relevant experiences and skills, 2-3 names of references) to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the registration number 11174/2019 until December 8, 2019 in a single pdf file, not exceeding 5 MB in size.
The salary is up to E12 TVÖD (dependent on relevant qualification).
The position is from 01.January 2020 on.
The position is initially limited for 1 year with the possibility of extension.
For further information about the position please contact:
Dr. Anje Sporbert
Head Advanced Light Microscopy Technology Platform
Advanced Light Microscopy